I honestly do not know how PSP grading works

but it does. Almost every time. Easily the best performers in my humidor, holding age and marca constant, are PSP. 

Being in the US, I rarely get the chance to appraise a range of boxes before purchase. Maybe I would be able to identify the same things that lead to a PSP or HQ designation. But I doubt it: When I get new boxes I rarely see or smell major differences. But when I smoke a PSP cigar, it almost always delivers an exceptional performance. 

Am cognizant of the placebo effect but I don't think that's it. I usually don't notice the colored circle stickers before I pull a stick from the box. Usually only after I smoke an amazing stick I look at the box to see the sticker. 

Whatever is in the secret sauce, it works for me. 

6 hours ago, BeerPimp said:

Can someone remind me is PSP Red and HQ Orange?

It changes over time 

Totally agree, a high %  of my stock is psp now for a reason. It doesn’t guarantee a great cigar performance, but my comfort level is high knowing the crew inspected my cigars

57 minutes ago, patrickamory said:

Just to clarify... I've had great luck with Clearance too. FOH is truly the best. I'm just curious whether / when we'll be seeing some more of that tasty PSP...

It's not "Mostly Clearance"  It is all clearance.  Mostly has to do with the box codes/dates.  And there is psp in there.  Luck of the draw.  Stuff just isn't currently separated into various catagories.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, patrickamory said:

PSP and HQ are great.

Related question... why are all 24:24 now just "Mostly CLEARANCE" ?

Supply shortage I presume. It has only been that way lately. Usually it is more of a mix of psp, hq and clearance. Hopefully it goes back to that soon.

• Like 1