PerfecDraw in Carry-on bag vs TSA when flying

No personal experience, but I certainly wouldn't trust them to not confiscate it even though it isn't sharp on the tip of barbs.

You really never know what they will let go and what they won't. Just depends on the agent and their mood.

Personally, I would put it in my checked luggage to be safe

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I wouldn’t take a chance with this in carry on. In my opinion, if they find it (and they most likely will) it will be confiscated. If you’re carrying cigars with you, pre-cut and test the draw at home. That way, any plugged sticks can be remedied with the PerfecDraw before flying. Pop them in a Boveda bag with a Boveda pack and you are good to go. 
This is excellent advice.

37 minutes ago, GaryK 54 said:

I wouldn’t take a chance with this in carry on. In my opinion, if they find it (and they most likely will) it will be confiscated. If you’re carrying cigars with you, pre-cut and test the draw at home. That way, any plugged sticks can be remedied with the PerfecDraw before flying. Pop them in a Boveda bag with a Boveda pack and you are good to go. 

That’s what I’m doing. Only issue is I’m bringing some to share and don’t want to test the gifted ones because of that whole Covid thing.

35 minutes ago, triphitter said:

That’s what I’m doing. Only issue is I’m bringing some to share and don’t want to test the gifted ones because of that whole Covid thing.

They won’t know if you don’t tell them. 🤫

3 hours ago, triphitter said:

Cut and test the draw from the foot. Or wrap some cling film around it first.

Chances are they are not plugged though unless you have boxes where this is common?

If the ones you give away are, tell your friends that getting a plugged cigar is part pf the charm of smoking Cubans.

Bring one extra as a backup and that should be failproof. 🥰

I was not being smart or thoughtful and took my leather case in my carry on.  TSA went specifically for it in a secondary search.  It had cigars, a cheap guillotine cutter, a zippo with a double torch insert, a perfect draw and a xikar lighter tool.  He confiscated the zippo only, but he looked at each.  YMMV and I was pissed I lost my zippo so not a happy story.
Yeah, you honestly never know what they will allow and what they wont.

It varies depending on the TSA agent you get.

I once flew with a dozen checked guns.
It wasn't terribly difficult, but made me pretty nervous as there are very specific requirements for that.

You “could” poke someone’s eye out. 🤷‍♂️

Went to a cigar lounge downtown after work and tossed those collapsible Xikar scissors and a metal IM Corona Flambeau torch in my briefcase so that I had my own tools. Forgot about it and literally flew around the world with them for a couple weeks in my briefcase doing multiple stops for meetings. Remember the guys in Mumbai inspecting the case not liking all my wires/cords stashed. Still never picked up. I agree that it would come off as a metal pen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a pen with a metal sleeve that it slid into. Half the time it would get flagged. TSA opened it and saw that it was a pen. Used one of the gtech inserts. Love those.

I wouldn't risk it. If it gets flagged, you should bet that it will be confiscated.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

After racking up nearly 1,000 flights in the last decade, my money would be on TSA taking it IF they they see it in the scans.  I have accidentally flown with a  pocket knife that made it through, a Colibri torch lighter made it through the first flight, confiscated on the return flight.  Enjoy your trip either way :D

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 4:38 AM, Mickey D said:

You “could” poke someone’s eye out. 🤷‍♂️

Believe it or not you can take knitting needles through TSA I believe.