Which of the 2015/16 LE releases have turned out to be winners.

2015/16 LE releases   

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would think that the H.Upmann Magnum 56 LE is the most sought after, by far, five years down the track.

The Trinidad Topes enjoyed a positive appraisal, critically-speaking, when it was around (despite the 56 ring gauge). They were popular, and I don't think they were around as long as other Limited Editions.

• Like 2

The Mag 56 was much loved out of the gate. It was always good and I think is hitting it's stride now. Solid A.

The RACA took a couple years but it became quite nice. B+

The Topes is a very special cigar. A beautiful Trini. I haven't had one recently so I'm not sure where they're at now but I was very impressed with them early I've got one left in the humi--no idea when I'll smoke it. A+

The Monte and the RyJ are the dogs. Nobody wants them. Prices never went up and they're both still readily available. D on the Monte and C- on the RyJ.

• Like 2

I like the RACA and Topes. Both brilliant smokes. 

Mag 56 is ok to me, but I don't find that it's on the same level.

Monte is ok too, but considering that I have a soft spot for all things monte, it would probably be disappointing to others.

I haven't had a ryj for a long time, maybe since release. It may be time to burn one again.

Side note: there were only 2 releases in '15?????

• Like 1

RyJ getting no love at all. Don't think I even ever tried one.....probably not a bad thing I guess.

Most Monte LE hit on all notes for me. Dantes not so much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Habana Mike said:

RyJ getting no love at all. Don't think I even ever tried one.....probably not a bad thing I guess

RyJ has really not had much success with the ELs. Tacos, Capuletos, De Luxe, Dukes, Escudos, Petit Piramides--all meh. 

I do recall the 03 & 04 Hermosos were quite well received however. 

As far as the Monte, no doubt the Dantes is the outlier. Every one of their ELs had been very well received except that one. They seem to have recovered with the Supremos. Shame since I do love the Hermosos vitolas. 

• Like 1

The Mag 56s are to die for. Smoked one in Jan, sill very very young but oh so complex.  Dantes have gotten considerably better, wasn't a fan for the first few years of life...they are nice.

Was never a fan of the Topes, they seem to burn quite acrid. The Club Allones were always strong, just didn't buy too many for some reason. Don't know anything about the RyJ-

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

R&J Capuletos were a very tasty cigar. There were plenty of R&J Churchill lovers (particularly in Asia) who  picked them up

Frankly, I really enjoy that cigar. Wish that I would have purchased a few more boxes.

Went deep on the Dantes and was quite disappointed.

Has there ever been an R&J Edicion Limitada? I can't think of one...

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Chas.Alpha said:

Has there ever been an R&J Edicion Limitada? I can't think of one...

There have been a number since 2000, but your statement reinforces the consensus within this thread that the greater majority have been forgettable, sadly, and more so the recent ones (Capuletos and Tacos).

867045477_RyJLimitedEditions.jpg.8df02ea19cd9f6543f0ad242cd2af2d4.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/23/2021 at 5:50 PM, El Presidente said:

56 and RA Club Allones for me. I happily have both in my humidor. 

On the secondary, the club Allones has been the big mover in the past 18 months. One of those cigars that people either loved or hated. it is certainly getting a lot of love right now. 

The RA has bloomed nicely in the last year, thankfully.

• Like 1