You have won the Habanos Man Of The Year award.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK – I am back from Switzerland, a great trip but as always way too short …. We were very fortunate with the weather as it was sunny and 18C, but pretty cool by the Lake Constance evenings and mo

I'll be smoking a few cigars with a Habano Man of the Year in 2 weeks - Mr Portmann in Switzerland. I'll ask what he selected, how he gets them and what HSA would do if he asks for something ...

I’m pretty sure the Habano Man Of The Year award winner isn’t think about flipping his two boxes a year 😂

I took matters into my own hands over the years and have stocked away enough Sir Winstons that I’m likely good for a long long time on those. I would agree with Esplendidos but I am overweight churchills these days so I’ll say Lanceros. Tough to source and can never have too many. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nino said:

I'll be smoking a few cigars with a Habano Man of the Year in 2 weeks - Mr Portmann in Switzerland.

I'll ask what he selected, how he gets them and what HSA would do if he asks for something ... discontinued ( I bet he would not get it ).

All questions I'll be eager to hear the answers to. 

• Like 1

It seems that most desire a Cohiba; Espys, Lancero, Sig V and VI. I haven’t had many as they’re out of my price range most of the time, so would only select those if I was going to flip them.

Don’t have the time for HdMDC, Parti Lusi, or Sir Winstons. So that’s a pass…

My first CC was a Monte 4, and I still love it so much. Such great memories of that first box. My first cab of PLPC is a fond memory as well. So it would be one of those two.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

*For me, how 'bout Edmundo Mexican RE Meridian  and Ramon Allones Phoenican RE pyramide

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cigcars said:

*For me, how 'bout Edmundo Mexican RE Meridian  and Ramon Allones Phoenican RE pyramide

As @Nino said:

15 hours ago, Nino said:

No RE’s, no LE’s, no Reservas or Gran Reservas.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bugman78629 said:

Vegeros Mañanitas...... 🤣

Cohiba Sig 6

*Alright for Cohiba Siglo 6....but - Vegueros Mananita!? :blink:  That, by far was the deadest, most flavorless Habana I'd ever had next to Fonseca KDT and Cosacos.

For one box a year I think you should be able to ask for anything made post-Rev. Give a real special box with some value.

My pick...LGC Glorias, 46 x 162.

Either that or there should be a special Habanos model for MOY like the Habanos 1994. Should be a Dalias or Corona Gorda with just the Habanos band and a leaflet explaining what it is. And make it a top-notch blend. 

• Like 2

Have Des Dieux been officially noted as discontinued by Habanos? My understanding was they still hadn’t (I could very well be wrong or burying my head in the sand, I am still hopeful Jerry Garcia is still alive too). If not I’d force the issue there! That would be a valuable prize! 

• Like 1