Whats going on, from Texas!?

rra

Hello everyone! Not going to say howdy because no one actually says that around here, except for the Big Tex at the State Fair. Ironic, especially given the time of this post lol

Not sure how I stumbled across this site/forum but it probably was from reddit in the "list of trusted..." So figured I'd stop by and become apart of this, what seems to be, a great community. 

I'm not new to cigars, I had my first stick n 2005 when a few buddies and I started a "Cigar Sunday" gathering in the middle of that summer in Iraq. I am a Veteran, and if anything good came out from my tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, it was the introduction and love of cigars. Our Cigar Sundays consisted of 'Near Beer' (non alcoholic beer, disgusting btw, only ever had one) and Stogies sent from here in the US. My favorite pairing was black coffee, which I still one of my favorite pairings today. Ever since then, I knew I was hooked. Stopped regularly smoking about 5 or 6 years ago and on a recent trip, stopped by a LCDH and haven't turned back. I purchased some Cubans and had a few while on vacation, now I'm all in again. Got hauls coming in, hopefully this week, and still sitting on some sticks I got from that trip to LCDH. A bit pricier from what I remember but when I was introduced to the hobby, a good friend of mine gave me a Monte Cristo No. 2, and that stick will always be a top 3 in my book, probably more for nostalgic reasons, but none-the-less, I still thoroughly enjoy them. The habana even more so now. My wife is also Vet, as well as a SOTL, so she is my smoking partner, for the most part. She thoroughly enjoys them as well. She has a bit of a knack of gravitating to the premium sticks lol so sometimes not so friendly on the wallet, but I don't mind, she deserves the best. We all do.

Apologies for the TL;DR peeps, but once I get to writing, I just start going lol

Glad to be here, hope to make some new friends and Happy Sunday! Now go enjoy that cigar! Its in itself, a moment that we will never get back, so take advantage! Cheers

• Like 4