Cabinet humidor help

Duxnutz

Hello all,

Finally gonna bite the bullet on a cabinet humidor but having a few issues due to geographic location and climate.

Basically I’m after a cooled cabinet. Temps here in Hawaii are consistently 82-83 degrees on the lanai where fridge will be kept. No air con. 

Due to Covid and general isolation there’s no big wine fridges avail at Home Depot or Lowe’s. Shipping generally prohibitive. Only one avail is a Costco wine fridge that I could store boxes in Tupperware and/or ziplocks with boveda. 

Avallo (whilst excluding how expensive shipping is) are thermo electric so prob wouldn’t do well in 80-85F. 

Any suggestions??? Would putting a cigar oasis or accumonitor setup in the fridge work? 

cheers.

-Dux

Hey Dux, I just got in an end table from Vigilant that is temp and humidity controlled - so far, so good.  Seattle hit more than a handful of 100+ degree days this summer (it was mostly in the 80's through July and August which is unusual here) and the cabinet kept up just fine.  They are knowledgeable and should be able to answer any questions you send in on the technical end.  Feel free to DM me if you want to chat in detail!

• Like 1

Have you looked at the threads here about raching? They're pretty great for what you're after. I have a mon3800 and live in the desert mountains of big bend in west texas. It does very well here.

It's not thermo electric, has two compressors. They have other models. 

I also have a few audew 300s. They're thermo electric. I keep the ac low and they do fine with boveda packs, but it's night and day in terms of quality between the raching and an audew.

• Like 1