Video Review - Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo de San Juan - TOS MAY 16

MoeFOH

I've not yet tried a San Juan so I am very interested in peoples response to this. It is going to be very disappointing if it turns out that the changes in the Le Hoyo line are not just a shift from traditional gauges to the current fat gauges. Cigars from HDM's Le Hoyo line have traditionally aged extremely well. Think Des Dieux, Du Prince, Du Gourmet. It just seems out of place for the Le Hoyo line to have a cigar that smokes well young but dies as it ages and doesn't have aging potential.

• Like 2

Good start, open draw, burns too fast, goes nowhere = underfilled

I’m smoking a OPG MAY 15 box now, lasted 8 holes and it was breezy, 1:40 minutes. Absolutely delicious, creamy all the way thru with nuts, toasted tobacco and coffee, made my terrible golf game enjoyable.

• Like 2

I traded for a box of these a couple of months ago. OPG NOV 14. The first two, pretty much ROTT, were a disappointment but as the very hot and humid summer wore on they got good. So, maybe, these are Cuban cigars that are better at a higher moisture content. The last one I smoked, a week ago, was 5 stars. I'd hate to get to the place where I have become so discerning that I have cigars that are good at 62RH and others that are good at 65RH. Seems like a lot of work. I have a reunion next week with 9 high school friends. I'll give the San Juans out because I know a few of these people will like stupid fat cigars. Thanks to CCW for having the collection feature that allows me to keep track of this stuff. 

• Like 2

I’ve got a box of 2016 SJ and the first 10 have been great. Firm cigars, perfect draw, sweet and twangy.  Smoking one right now. Not half way yet and 45 minutes in. You guys definitely had some clunkers. Picture was about 20 minutes in.

71102626-94D2-426D-BE94-64C78CBF5A14.jpeg.d57fcea2da56a8ff45c8601c63d23dae.jpeg

• Like 2