What’s your favorite pairing?

I've actually never tried specifically pairing anything with my Cigars.

Back when I still drank alcohol, i would just smoke them with beer, Old Cubans, or my homemade hard cider.

I haven't drank in 8 years now and very rarely drink anything while I smoke now.

Just water or coffee on very rare occasion

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, smbauerllc said:

I've actually never tried specifically pairing anything with my Cigars.

Back when I still drank alcohol, i would just smoke them with beer, Old Cubans, or my homemade hard cider.

I haven't drank in 8 years now and very rarely drink anything while I smoke now.

Just water or coffee on very rare occasion

I’m kinda with you- If I have one later in the afternoon it’s normally just water or with beer

• Like 2

I’m kinda with you- If I have one later in the afternoon it’s normally just water or with beer
Yeah, since I don't drink anymore, my pairing options are very limited if not nonexistent, and I'm always afraid anything I drink will diminish the taste of the Cigar

Coffee by far favorite, followed by rum. Dialing in strength of coffee, adding cream; mixing rum with some citrus, neat, rocks, soda. I can get a lot of versatility doing those tweaks to match to the cigar.
But my most typical is sparkling water and preferred if really concentrating on flavor notes or trying to decide if a box gets put into the smoke now bin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ReturnFreeRisk said:

Coffee by far favorite, followed by rum. Dialing in strength of coffee, adding cream; mixing rum with some citrus, neat, rocks, soda. I can get a lot of versatility doing those tweaks to match to the cigar.
But my most typical is sparkling water and preferred if really concentrating on flavor notes or trying to decide if a box gets put into the smoke now bin

I’ve got to give rum a proper chance. I mostly just drink bourbon or tequila if I’m having liquor, but I picked up a bottle of Real McCoy rum that I still need to try. 

• Like 1

Funny, I am the opposite. I think I’ve had one morning cigar in my life…the morning after meeting up with Rob and Hamlet in a cigar bar in Miami. Needed to just jump back into it, think I paired it with an oatmeal stout. 

I am basically exclusively an afternoon/evening smoker. Usually I like an ice cold beer, something easy drinking like a Miller Lite or Bud. Occasionally coffee/espresso and cigars do cross for me in the evening but I rarely drink coffee past noon so cigars and coffee tend to live in separate worlds for me!! 

• Like 2

• Most odd pairing I love: mild-med CCs with a banana
  • Coffee & a cigar in the AM is always heaven
  • Champagne with a CoRo
  • Pilsner is always nice...like champagne, it tends to keep my palate bright
  • Bourbon w/ Bolivar
  • Mid-afternoon, a Coke with a Upmann is nice

I mean if we are getting into food pairings…some fatty pork bites while smoking pushes me towards the realm of “cigar/food-gasm” lol
Gotta try the banana! Dead on with the bubbly too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

I mean if we are getting into food pairings…some fatty pork bites while smoking pushes me towards the realm of “cigar/food-gasm” lol
Gotta try the banana! Dead on with the bubbly too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As expected, and have seen before in similar threads, the vast majority pair with some type of alcohol.

Since I quit drinking 8 years ago and it isn't allowed here anyway, and I don't drink soda, I guess its coffee, water or nothing for me

Have tried both, but can't say it enhanced the smoking experience in any noticeable way

• Like 1

My most common pairing by a long shot is water. I also found great enjoyment this summer from Spindrift lemon seltzer, which is flavored with real fruit juice.

My most common alcohol pairing this past summer was Havana Club Seleccion de Maestros. 

Its getting cooler in NY and fall is coming, so for alcohol pairing moving forward, the rum will be replaced with Scotch. It's time to crack open some Lagavulin for the season.  

• Like 4

My most common pairing by a long shot is water. I also found great enjoyment this summer from Spindrift lemon seltzer, which is flavored with real fruit juice.
My most common alcohol pairing this past summer was Havana Club Seleccion de Maestros. 
Its getting cooler in NY and fall is coming, so for alcohol pairing moving forward, the rum will be replaced with Scotch. It's time to crack open some Lagavulin for the season.  

Spindrift is top notch stuff and I’ve really enjoyed with cigars. Put LaCroix to bed in our household

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrBirdman said:
Non-alcoholic: Black tea
Alcoholic: Champagne or port (usually LBV). 

I love tea, especially chai, but have no way to get hot water here for making it unfortunately. We aren't allowed to have anything that gets hot, like a hotplate or even coffee maker unfortunately

4 hours ago, ReturnFreeRisk said:

Spindrift is top notch stuff and I’ve really enjoyed with cigars. Put LaCroix to bed in our household

Will have to look up Spindrift and see if its orderable online anywhere and give it a try.
I honestly dislike plain water.

Cool, found it on Amazon pretty cheap for a 24 pack so sent the link to my sister

Favorite pairings?

Blonde and Brunette

Rolls Royce and Bentley

In all seriousness back to the question...  I am usually just water with cigar.  Kind of dull.  Wine, Madeira, Port, or Champagne with cigars are only when I happen to be drinking one of the mentioned and decided to grab a cigar.

• Like 1

In the evening, a Turkish coffee. Pairs incredible. Afternoon, root beer or cream soda. I don't drink alcohol, so another favorite is black tea with a bit of milk and sugar, and fresh mint. All three are winners.
Wouldn't have guessed the cream soda.
I do enjoy that on occasion and we have some in our vending machines I believe.

If not, I'm sure it can be found online

Would love to be able to make some tea as I really enjoy it, especially in cold weather and prefer it to the cheap coffee here too

Almost always an Americano (nothing added). Often my cigar is still going when the Americano is done so I’ll grab some San Pellegrino (nothing added). 

If it is something else, it would be a good rum or cognac. 

• Like 3