What’s your favorite pairing?

HUHC and an espresso is pretty fantastic. Otherwise, any black coffee/espresso or a club soda. I personally cannot get into any alcohol paired with a cigar. wine, beer, rum they all seem to overpower the other and just wind up meh for my tastes. 

• Like 2

When I drink beer, it’s either a very hoppy IPA or a very dark stout. I have found that beer overpowers the cigar taste. In order to really enjoy the cigar, I have to pair with water, coffee, tea or a soda. Perhaps I should try a wine or liquor pairing? 😜 I also can rarely smoke in the morning, and definitely can’t smoke on an empty stomach in the morning.

• Like 1

For more full bodied/spicy cigars ( My father, Tatuaje, Partagas etc.) I like a peaty scotch such as Ardbeg ten or Lagavulin 16 to stand up to the profile.

Cigars with a stone fruit profile ( RASS,Pledge prequel,RYJ Churchills) I like to pair with a sherry finished scotch such as Glenmorangie 18.

And for my mild/creamy cigars ( PL MC, HDM EP 2, Illusione and Warped) I stick with coffee/espresso.

• Like 2