new heinekin beer ad - has there ever been a greater waste of time. utter tosh.

About 4 minutes too long for a beer ad, but the idea that it is hard to hate or vehemently oppose people you get to know is an important one. Many have decried the fact that people from different sides of politics can't just go to a bar and share a drink anymore, because things are too polarized these days.

• Like 3

Just now, Bijan said:

About 4 minutes too long for a beer ad, but the idea that it is hard to hate or vehemently oppose people you get to know is an important one. Many have decried the fact that people from different sides of politics can't just go to a bar and share a drink anymore, because things are too polarized these days.

bijan, completely agree with you on that - but for a beer ad, spare me. politics today has gone so black and white. here in australia, go back some years and we had two very able, intelligent (and witty) politicians named Fred Daley and James Killeen. on completely opposing sides, they were well known as the greatest of friends and often caught up for a beer post the day in the chambers. i met Killeen, never met Daley, and he was as fierce an advocate for his side of politics as you could imagine, but never let it become the venomous trash it is today. politicians of days gone by would be horrified by the way it is today. i have no doubt that a great many politicians around the globe, here and elsewhere, would much rather see their economy tank, chaos in the streets, than lose an election, whatever the cost to their country. 

and i do not see it getting better (or being solved by 4 1/2 minute beer ads like that). 

• Like 3

Total nuts - useless woke BS.

We've got so many things politized by now, last thing I need is political beer ... I would boycott Heineken just for being stupid ( and tasteless liquid too ...

Mind you I only endured the first 5 seconds of the ad 🙂

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Nino said:

Mind you I only endured the first 5 seconds of the ad 🙂

I made it through a few seconds more. My whiz tastes more like beer than this stuff even if I haven’t had a beer for days. Don’t ask how this has been researched…

• Haha 3

My former workplace was interesting (now retired)--almost everyone was very vocal about political stuff, and they were totally opposed to my point of view on just about every topic.

But--we all got along great--for one simple reason--I kept my big mouth shut!

(My mom gets the credit--she always said "never discuss religion or politics with strangers".)

I agree with Ken's initial thought--the ad was a waste of time--and in the real world things could have gotten ugly...

Lol.  So much sappy, contrived, corporate marketing crapola.  

If this were real, they should've let the camera roll after a few more beers.  We'd see carnage.  

Ken, put down the doobie.  

• Like 1

After reading all the comments I’m glad I didn’t waste my last remaining data minutes watching. 👍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fuzz said:

After watching that, I'm gonna go order five Cougars, thanks...

One of the best ads of All time. Now I didn't really now anyone who drank Cougar , but everyone spoke about that ad. Would last about 30 secs now.