San Cristobal 20th LCDH

Eric05

Question guys. I been looking through a couple of boxes of San cristobal LCDH 20th anni. The treasure chest. I’ve run multiple box code serial codes and they all come as the Cuba regional San cristobal. Has anyone come across this too? 

36CD31BD-4EF2-41E8-8C8F-DAB075F0653F.png

3F283A53-0870-492E-823E-F2F147B12262.png

Not that unusual to have an odd code. Quite frankly I'm shocked the serial database is as accurate as it is.

Personally, I really don't put much value in the serials. Mostly a gimmick IMO. Can't say I've ever had the urge to check one. 

On 10/1/2021 at 12:45 PM, Corylax18 said:

Multiples of the same Serial # are a huge red flag, otherwise, they aren't a great indicator on there own.

And how would you even know that unless you're physically looking at vendor stock? If your only reference is a single box, no way to know that. 

It's so easy to duplicate a bar code I feel it possibly does more harm than good with the potential for naive folks relying on something for authenticity that they really shouldn't be.

I could have sworn they have a process where they re-apply new seals to boxes that have been opened and rejected by customers and that they have to send a report of the Serial# back to Habanos HQ to update the box.  I suspect this isn't done often.  And it explains why you see some boxes, in Havana especially with double/triple warranty seals.

On 10/2/2021 at 3:54 PM, NSXCIGAR said:

you're physically looking at vendor stock?

Yes, that's pretty much the only way you would know, unless a vendor sent you a list that contained duplicates. (which would be pretty dumb) Ive seen several posts here where people have seen this in B&M's, one very recently. Its a pretty glaring mistake, but obviously doesn't get caught in every retail channel. 

I hadn't heard about "rejected" boxes being returned by Havana LCDHs. Based on what I've seen shopping in Havana, this is probably a very busy program. I thought they just sold the opened/rejected boxes as singles. Haha.