Your best cigar of September 2021?

8 hours ago, stevenhaugen said:

For NC - Either the Padron 1964 Diplomatico (pictured here) or the 1926 No. 1 … both just incredible sticks

For CC - the Partagas Lusitania I smoked yesterday just blew me away. First time smoking one and it was other worldly

What box code on the Lusi?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, karp said:

Party Lusitania that I had with a buddy recently after my wife’s birthday dinner. Outstanding, so smooth yet flavourful - I love this cigar when the timing is right!

You need that time! My last tasting notes say: "Leave 2 1/2 hours next time."

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, stevenhaugen said:

TUA ABR 21

'tis but an infant

Thank you.   Glad to hear your glowing review!  I have a TUA FEB 21 box that I haven’t dipped into yet.    Might need to start!

4 minutes ago, Thirdcoastwatch said:

Thank you.   Glad to hear your glowing review!  I have a TUA FEB 21 box that I haven’t dipped into yet.    Might need to start!

I'm fairly new to the cigar scene and I've dipped into everything I've received so far (I hoarded :)) and yet to be disappointed. There are definitely smokes I don't care for but not had anything yet that I've thought, this is ghastly.

Took me just short of two hours to get through and it was an amazing experience. Maybe I'm just too new but I really couldn't see what else age would add to them!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Meesterjojo said:
Lately this box of 2019 Montecarlos are really doing great. I can finally taste and smell them properly. I suspect due to half a year in a better humidor. I'm very impressed.

If you enjoy the 2019's, you will love them with a few more years on them.

I have a half box of 2016's and they are incredible.

I'm not the biggest fan of aged Cigars based on my experience with them so far, but some are definitely standouts and show me why people enjoy aged smokes so much.

Would highly recommend aging or buying some around the 5 year mark. The few extra years made a world of difference, not that I haven't smoke a lot of, and very much enjoyed also, recent production ones

11 hours ago, stevenhaugen said:
I'm fairly new to the cigar scene and I've dipped into everything I've received so far (I hoarded ) and yet to be disappointed. There are definitely smokes I don't care for but not had anything yet that I've thought, this is ghastly.
Took me just short of two hours to get through and it was an amazing experience. Maybe I'm just too new but I really couldn't see what else age would add to them!

Age is VERY hit or miss in my experience.

Some are definitely improved, some become too mild or even bland and flavorless.

Just so many variables with aging you never quite know what to expect at any given point.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1. MC#1, BUM ABR 15. 19 September, 5 stars.  September was a tough month for smoking cigars here on the peninsula of Cape Cod. Maybe the hottest, rainiest September on record and my storage conditions were upset by the weather. The MC#1 was the best cigar of the month even if it might have been a tad moist for my preference. 
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Chucko8 said:

SLR Serie A

Oh man you're killing me... My FAVORITE discontinued corona gorda sized CC. They were so good. Whoever decided to discontinue this cigar needs their nuts caught in the gears of a tractor combine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Juliano88 said:

Cuban : Jul 20 Bolivar Belicoso Fino

New world : Warped GR88

Do you have a box date on the warped (one of the few non-cubans to date their boxes).  They were great, than the past 18 months they went downhill.  Hoping your example is from a more recent box.  I really love those cigars and I hope they are returning to how they were 2 years ago.

6 minutes ago, Monterey said:

Do you have a box date on the warped (one of the few non-cubans to date their boxes).  They were great, than the past 18 months they went downhill.  Hoping your example is from a more recent box.  I really love those cigars and I hope they are returning to how they were 2 years ago.

Unfortunately I do not know the exact box date. I noticed that as well, typically happens when a cigar gets a high rating on CA. Not sure how many NC's you smoke, but If you're looking for something with similar profile to a CC and always consistent....I would try Illusione. My favorite NC brand. Many blends within their line that have that GR88 profile consistently. 

• Like 1

I smoked a lot of average tasting cigars in September with no real stand outs. If I had to pick the best I would go with an H. Upmann Propios (EL 2018) from a TRU SEP 19 cab. It had some nice chocolate and woody notes. 

• Like 1