MLB Postseason Baseball 2021

JohnS

Well, have we caught our breath after Game 4 of the SF Giants- LA Dodgers clash? Two evenly-matched teams that have gone toe-to-toe all season and still it's difficult to separate them! Thursday night (14th of October) at 9 pm ET will decide who will join the Atlanta Braves in the NLCS.

So, congratulations to Boston and Atlanta for making it to their respective Championship Series. They beat two more-favoured opponents in the Tampa Bay Rays and Milwaukee Brewers, respectively.

The Postseason picture looks like this below now...

lgc2jfp8f2kdp7nbeegp.jpg.464d1bd1a324b24183f18660dfbc6b7f.jpg

After the 'stealing signs' controversy that has tainted Houston's World Series win in 2017, many baseball fans are actively loathed to support them in this Postseason series. I understand why the Astros went with one of the nicest guys in Baseball, Dusty Baker to manage them in an effort to redeem their sullied reputation. Still, it makes me wonder why MLB.Com put up the following article a few days ago on Dusty Baker's misfortune/s in the Postseason over many years...

https://www.mlb.com/news/dusty-baker-postseason-losses-ranked

• Like 2

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Greeting dear and valued friends! I reckon whoever said, 'tis the season to be jolly' was drunk at the time and was really meaning October Postseason Baseball and not Christmas! After all, is the

Go Dodgers!

Unfortunately, she didn’t make the team. 😔 Can’t handle the outside curveball...

I wonder which American League team New York Yankee fans are cheering for?  Casual Yankee fans will probably root against Boston as a matter of habit, but I think most diehards still haven't forgiven the Astros for the 2017 ALCS.  As a White Sox fan I will be pulling for the Boston.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rjake100 said:

I wonder which American League team New York Yankee fans are cheering for?  Casual Yankee fans will probably root against Boston as a matter of habit, but I think most diehards still haven't forgiven the Astros for the 2017 ALCS.  As a White Sox fan I will be pulling for the Boston.

Same here! 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, rjake100 said:

As a matter of principle I feel like Yankee fans would cheer against Boston no matter who the opposing team is or what they’ve done.   For me, despite the sign stealing, the Astros just play exciting baseball and are a fun team to watch.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Shrimpchips said:

As a matter of principle I feel like Yankee fans would cheer against Boston no matter who the opposing team is or what they’ve done.   For me, despite the sign stealing, the Astros just play exciting baseball and are a fun team to watch.  

They are certainly an exciting team to watch. I just would like to see LA Boston WS! 

• Like 2

Ahh the Dodgers going with a RHP opener to be followed by the LHP Urias. Bold move, as it throws a wrench in our match ups. I'm hoping this move ends in a smoldering blunder...but on paper its the right move. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shrimpchips said:

A whole season of garbage is forgotten with a single in the top of the ninth.  Good job Cody.

What can one say? The guy bats .180 in 2021 and he plays like a freak in the postseason. Uncanny!!

• Like 1

I wish I could say that Game 5 of the SF-LA NLDS was a 'classic for all ages' but I fear it will go down in history as an infamous 'what-if' scenario due to close umpire calls. At end of the day the umpire's call is final and LA did enough to get through and win the series.

ksyz1xpcvkhopsbv7ecj.jpg.2ca32f6b717e9891d435fd3885d771a0.jpg

And so, onwards we go onto the respective Championship Series in each league, Boston-Houston and Atlanta-Los Angeles. Who will you be cheering for? The games for this upcoming week are scheduled below:

Friday, Oct. 15
• Red Sox at Astros, Game 1 (FOX, 8 p.m. ET)

Saturday, Oct. 16
• Red Sox at Astros, Game 2 (FOX & FS1, 4:20 p.m. ET)
• Dodgers at Braves, Game 1 (TBS, 8 p.m.)

Sunday, Oct. 17
• Dodgers at Braves Game 2 (TBS, 7:30 ET)

Monday, Oct. 18
• Astros at Red Sox, Game 3 (FS1, 8 p.m. ET)

Tuesday, Oct. 19
• Braves at Dodgers, Game 3 (TBS)
• Astros at Red Sox, Game 4 (FS1)

Wednesday, Oct. 20
• Astros at Red Sox, Game 5* (FS1)
• Braves at Dodgers, Game 4 (TBS)

Thursday, Oct. 21
• Braves at Dodgers, Game 5* (TBS)

Friday, Oct. 22
• Red Sox at Astros, Game 6* (FS1)

Saturday, Oct. 23
• Dodgers at Braves, Game 6* (TBS)
• Red Sox at Astros, Game 7* (FOX or FS1)

Sunday, Oct. 24
• Dodgers at Braves, Game 7* (TBS)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JohnS said:

I wish I could say that Game 5 of the SF-LA NLDS was a 'classic for all ages' but I fear it will go down in history as an infamous 'what-if' scenario due to close umpire calls. At end of the day the umpire's call is final and LA did enough to get through and win the series.

ksyz1xpcvkhopsbv7ecj.jpg.2ca32f6b717e9891d435fd3885d771a0.jpg

And so, onwards we go onto the respective Championship Series in each league, Boston-Houston and Atlanta-Los Angeles. Who will you be cheering for? The games for this upcoming week are scheduled below:

Friday, Oct. 15
• Red Sox at Astros, Game 1 (FOX, 8 p.m. ET)

Saturday, Oct. 16
• Red Sox at Astros, Game 2 (FOX & FS1, 4:20 p.m. ET)
• Dodgers at Braves, Game 1 (TBS, 8 p.m.)

Sunday, Oct. 17
• Dodgers at Braves Game 2 (TBS, 7:30 ET)

Monday, Oct. 18
• Astros at Red Sox, Game 3 (FS1, 8 p.m. ET)

Tuesday, Oct. 19
• Braves at Dodgers, Game 3 (TBS)
• Astros at Red Sox, Game 4 (FS1)

Wednesday, Oct. 20
• Astros at Red Sox, Game 5* (FS1)
• Braves at Dodgers, Game 4 (TBS)

Thursday, Oct. 21
• Braves at Dodgers, Game 5* (TBS)

Friday, Oct. 22
• Red Sox at Astros, Game 6* (FS1)

Saturday, Oct. 23
• Dodgers at Braves, Game 6* (TBS)
• Red Sox at Astros, Game 7* (FOX or FS1)

Sunday, Oct. 24
• Dodgers at Braves, Game 7* (TBS)

Kudos to you John for thread and keeping us posted on schedules etc! I like it!

Thx

• Like 1

This whole seeding structure sucks. I get it - divisional winners get perks, but LAD should not be on the road against ATL. They should have played the brew crew in the ALDS and been facing SF now.  Reseeding each round based on record should be universally applied to all sports. Oh well…

/streamofconsciousness

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

This whole seeding structure sucks. I get it - divisional winners get perks, but LAD should not be on the road against ATL. They should have played the brew crew in the ALDS and been facing SF now.  Reseeding each round based on record should be universally applied to all sports. Oh well…

/streamofconsciousness

100% agree. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

/streamofconsciousness

100% agree as well 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BigGuns said:

/streamofconsciousness

Of course, I feel the same way!

8 hours ago, JohnS said:

Of course, I feel the same way!

I don’t - the value of winning the division has been too diluted already, wild cards shouldn’t get home field unless they make it to the the WS. 

That said I wouldn’t oppose them bringing back the rule where you couldn’t play division opponents in the divisional round. Dodgers-Giants deserved a 7-game series. I think they got rid of it after the WC play-in so that the matchups wouldn't be up in the air for all the teams.

• Like 2

Felt kind of deflated by the Sox loss in G1... still scratching my head as to why Cora didn't review the possible HBP on Verdugo which if upheld would have loaded the bases... anyhow... a Slam in each of the first two innings the next day turns out to be a very nice tonic for such ills. :cigar:

Back to Fenway for 3...

And if Sale shaves off that bush league beard I think we'll do well. It's messing with his mechanics. 

• Haha 2

usa_today_14495831.0.jpg.5ebf14a12f4128ee9fdf04a126db7d32.jpg

A few questions for our members today...

Is Atlanta Braves first baseman, Freddie Freeman one of the nicest guys in Baseball (if not the nicest) and as his parents are Canadian and he holds dual Canadian-American citizenship, does that mean our Canadian members are more likely to sympathise with the Braves in the NLCS?