Good News - Alex Has Not Has Jumped The Fence ...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UPDATE : I just had an interesting conversation/messages with Alex and he wants to clarifiy that due to the current situation in Cuba, the lack of basics there and more importantly the lack of cu

Just received the news from a reliable source that a couple of good rollers from Havana have exited Cuba. Not the first - not the last. I get it. One from El Laguito - and it says that Alex, th

Alex says hola from LA

12 minutes ago, nav4040 said:

Guess all of the MJ23 flippers are going to starve now.

Guess the "Amazon of Customs" website will have an update and/or news ... but you may be right.

12 minutes ago, Timothy556 said:

How is this the first I am hearing about this site?   I just had an Alex Siglo VI Friday night. 

I was also quite surprised when I saw that website a few months ago .....

21 minutes ago, Timothy556 said:

Is it legit?  That store name sounds scammy AF

yes and no.  Alex was making non-cuban customs as well.  It doesn't say, but it stands to reason that you would be buying non-cuban customs.  Still good cigars.  And not a scam, but I feel like Ramez (the guy who owns the site) is failing to tell us the true origins of the leaf.  But for sure, Alex made cigars.

16 minutes ago, Monterey said:

Alex was making non-cuban customs as well.  It doesn't say, but it stands to reason that you would be buying non-cuban customs.  Still good cigars.  But for sure, Alex made cigars.

Sorry if I am too slow or thick - but how would Alex be rolling NC customs from Havana ? That sounds weird.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nino said:

Sorry if I am too slow or thick - but how would Alex be rolling NC customs from Havana ? That sounds weird.

He worked with someone and branded his own non-cuban cigars.  Has his own custom box and the whole thing.  He left Havana and rolled them.  I'll try and find it now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nino said:

"The all new Un Nuevo Reino by Alex Alejandro Glez from Cuba after several trips to Nicaragua finding that perfect Nicaraguan blend with that Cuban flavor. Alex released his new line Un Nuevo Reino (A New King) in 3 sizes The Prince, The King, and The Emperor. As the inscription on the box says that "The best cigar is not the most expensive... it is the one you share and enjoy with friends." These are truly amazing and definitely have that Cuban flavor and craftsmanship. Alex is truly a master cigar blender and roller these will definitely make a hit in the US for years to come. Can't wait to see what the future holds for Alex in the Cigar industry!"

ag.jpg.5ea5add2db9be6a8053cec32c4d894d8.jpg

ag2.jpg

ag3.jpg

ag4.jpg

ag5.jpg

ag6.jpg

ag7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

Good luck to him!

Those Puntilla's are now officially a collectors item :rotfl:

I was really surprised when I see this post, since I didn't know Alex Glez left Cuba too until I signed in to FOH. I have one La Puntilla from @Habana Mike's last year CC gift and will review that cigar after I review CCE, Punch Mantua, and Punch 8-9-8. Since I'm a huge skinny CC fan, I'm really excited to puff La Puntilla 😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If it’s true, I’ll miss my visits with him in the shop, but it is great that he can start a new life. Any of the top rollers that have a chance to leave, will and should. Sad reality of the situation there. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Monterey said:

He worked with someone and branded his own non-cuban cigars.  Has his own custom box and the whole thing.  He left Havana and rolled them.  I'll try and find it now.

Thanks for the detailed information !

I wasn't aware of that.

8 hours ago, ElJavi76 said:

I can confirm he had his own non Cuban brand. 

20211010_180555.jpg.c1abc516415c6def747dc80c1d34b343.jpg

I also know that some of the cigars being peddled by said flipper as "Cuban" are not so Cuban. A friend of mine told me he sampled one of these new customs in Vegas this year and it certainly didn't taste like it was Cuban. I'm all about a free market, and if someone is selling and someone is buying ... then by all means. Just don't lie to folks. If Alex in fact made it out then good for him. May he land on his feet. I wish all the luck in the world. 

We tried to obtain a box of these back when...still not sure how to get some for the "Alex" humidor.

Also, visiting at the shop will be sorely missed, we'd spend hours at the shop while in Cuba learning from them and discussing life. Truly look forward to a stateside event!!

• Like 1

Got this from a friend.  Yes Alex is in the US. He told me he will be hosting an event at a large cigar store in California in two months. That's about all he shared with me, I didn't even get the name or location of the store. I found out this weekend from another Cuban friend who is now the US (the former director of production at El Laguito) when we spoke via messenger.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Nino said:

I was also quite surprised when I saw that website a few months ago .....

Not sure if I should be glad to have an interesting place to pick up something new or disappointed that my wallet has sprung another leak.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Nino changed the title to Good News - Alex Has Not Has Jumped The Fence ...