Good News - Alex Has Not Has Jumped The Fence ...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UPDATE : I just had an interesting conversation/messages with Alex and he wants to clarifiy that due to the current situation in Cuba, the lack of basics there and more importantly the lack of cu

Just received the news from a reliable source that a couple of good rollers from Havana have exited Cuba. Not the first - not the last. I get it. One from El Laguito - and it says that Alex, th

Alex says hola from LA

• Nino changed the title to Good News - Alex Has Not Has Jumped The Fence ...

I saw that Nino just updated the title. I talked to him on FB and I can confirm, Alex is in the US now, but not forever. He had seen this thread and was puzzled.

With the lack of customers in Havana right now, it must be very difficult for custom rollers and all sorts of other people involved in the tourist industry. I've been looking at booking a trip for the last month or so, but its like navigating a minefield right now. Hopefully things start to get better over the next few months. I dont have any plans to be in California over the next couple months, but I have a good excuse now!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

I can't believe a place like that exists. 

where people can go, sit down, watch some sports, and have a cigar. 

place looks like fun!

in California ?? I'm not sure I believe it... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Long-time forum lurker here....first time reading about Alex and AmazonOfCustoms today.

I am absolutely loving all the things I am learning from this community!

Can anyone confirm if the sticks from AmazonOfCustoms are CC or NC leaf?

I've read many posts on here and reddit about his customs rolls and am thinking about giving it a shot.

On 10/10/2021 at 2:58 PM, Monterey said:

He worked with someone and branded his own non-cuban cigars.  Has his own custom box and the whole thing.  He left Havana and rolled them.  I'll try and find it now.

He worked on the blend with Raul and Roy from Mi Havana but doesn't roll them. They are rolled at a factory in Nicaragua. 

11 minutes ago, Cigar Surgeon said:

Thanks for pointing it out, I'll respond.

Here is another article that looks more official as to his leaving Cuba. It puts him in Nicaragua about a year ago as the article is dated December 2020. However, at the bottom of the article it stated that it was previously published by CigarandSpirits.com on October 2019. Maybe he's been going back and forth as a Visa for Nicaragua is a lot easier than the US. John

20211022_124146.jpg

Yes, as I stated previously, he's been travelling all over the place, for a while now. Not just the US. Things dried up completely for him In Cuba when the virus hit, he already had some other irons in the fire, lucky for him. He's working where he can, when he can. That isn't Cuba right now, when it is Cuba, he'll be back.

This all came directly from Alex, not some random person in the gutter of a seedy internet alley. 

• Like 4

On 10/21/2021 at 5:00 AM, Thirds said:

Grabbed a box of the Kings to give them a shot.   Wanted to show support and to collect a little piece of history.  Wishing Alex the best.  

Are they only available at the Mi Havana shop?  Spent a bit of time poking around online and couldn't find an outlet to buy them.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 12:44 PM, Digi said:

Are they only available at the Mi Havana shop?  Spent a bit of time poking around online and couldn't find an outlet to buy them.

Correct.  I just reached out via email and they sent an electronic invoice and then shipped.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1