What has been your recent experience with international travel?

I went to ojinaga across from Presidio recently. It was safer than I imagined, but I was still nervous with my little roadster there. 

Ojinaga is a huge, massive hot bed of covid. But no problems getting in and out. Nice day trip. Went for food.

The only problems we have traveling are the texas dps officers patrolling out here since gov. Butthead opted to unleash them to stim the tide of people crossing the borders. Great plan, but all they do is harass the locals for going 1 mile under the speed limit (75mph), or for having a day time running light out. One had the cajones to ask why I had an odd number of magazines and bullets in the car. That ended in me going gonzo and sounding like one of those extremist whackadoos. God damn. It's deep west texas. If you're driving between towns without gas or a gun and water then you're not doing it right.

• 3 weeks later...

An unfortunate update that's not nearly as gleeful as my last post above-

Arrived in San Pancho, Nayarit 11/14 for 10 day vaca...all was well until I went to Covid test this past Mon (11/22) to be able to fly back to the states. BAM, a postive test result. Reeling.

The story is reasonably complex, but I'll super-shorten it say I have to stay 14 more days (from my positive test date). Mexico is sticking to the 14 day quarantine figure, even though the country I'm flying to only requires 10 days (CDC's policy based on current science).  Thankfully I was able to get down to Puerto Vallarta closer to a real hospital just in case- I'll also have the LCDH here in PV to check out once i shed these symptoms soon. Lost most of my sense of smell & taste, so that sucks. But all in all not a terrible place to be stuck I guess.

Not going to test again until 12/5, 2 days before I'm eligible to get on a plane. If I test positive again (which some do for many months), I have an extra day to try & track down a doctor to get a 'Document of Recovery', indicating I did my quarantine & have no symptoms. Otherwise I could be stuck here for quite some time.

The risks we all take with any international travel during this pandemic.

*edit* I'm vaccinated

• Sad 6

1 hour ago, Tstew75 said:

The story is reasonably complex, but I'll super-shorten it say I have to stay 14 more days (from my positive test date).

Does that mean locked in a room?  Can you lay out on the beach or sit outside.  Sorry to read this.

37 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Does that mean locked in a room?  Can you lay out on the beach or sit outside.  Sorry to read this.

I'll expand a bit here.

As soon as i tested positive, I went down the google rabbit hole. Lot's of stories of the Gov coming to stick you in a place where they physically quarantine you to a room (a dreary box in the city) guarded day & night & you cant leave that room for 14 days. Thankfully I had a rental car, so I immediately jetted to turn that car in (would've cost me $2K+ to keep for 2+ more weeks), then took the long 2 mile walk to my new hotel I found online. Advantage me...I chose a reasonably priced hotel on the beach with a patio, so no one's guarding me & can at least make it to open spaces away from others. I guess technically they don't know where I'm at, but that's ok because that policy apparently isn't mandated, just that most dummy visitors think that it is. I don't actually know...I just know If i got stuck in a box I would go insane. No thanks.

So yea, I'm being completely ethical & staying far away from others, but I'm on the beach during the day.

• Thanks 1