Inoffensive mould, how long would you segregate?

Evening all,

Was curious on people's procedure and process around storing cigars that they've wiped mould from?

I received a couple of three packs of CoRo's and three cigars had a little mould around the caps, they were from cardboard rather than tubos.

All wiped off easily enough and I've put them in their own separate tupperware away from the coolidor for the time being. Absolutely no presence on the foot.

I'd like to eventually put them with the rest of the singles, but I wondered whether that was a good idea?

What are people's experiences with this? Would you leave it a certain period of time? Not at all?

Not the best picture, but you can see that it's wasn't a lot at all.

IMG_20211012_161818.jpg

• JohnS changed the title to Inoffensive mould, how long would you segregate?
16 minutes ago, MrBirdman said:

I’ve even (absent mindedly) brushed mold off cigars onto other cigars. Never had any breakouts. Storage conditions are what matters - there’s mold spores everywhere. The goal is to not give them the conditions to grow. 

I can imagine it's easily done.

Even when wiping there must be a lot of transferred spores around the individual cigars themselves.

Read through the whole of the mould thread in FOHrensics, really interesting stuff.

I would move them immediately, no need to quarantine them. Mold is on all cigars and what you see is really just a mold overgrowth due to excessive moisture/temp. If your storage is good on moisture/temp it won't come back. The mold thread in FOHrensics is indeed an eye opener!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrBirdman said:

Storage conditions are what matters - there’s mold spores everywhere.

This feels like the key advice. I’ve set some aside for a month when feeling paranoid, but it’s typical the warmth and humidity during travel. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Enduin said:

I would move them immediately, no need to quarantine them. Mold is on all cigars and what you see is really just a mold overgrowth due to excessive moisture/temp. If your storage is good on moisture/temp it won't come back. The mold thread in FOHrensics is indeed an eye opener!

Cheers for the advice. The coolidor is pretty stable with 65 Bovedas, I'll put them in with the rest.