Desnudo /Nudie update

Revisiting the 2019 N1. Quite an unruly beast on release, and I didn't enjoy all of them. Now there's only two left and they're singing. 😢

Looking forward to pick up the new blend Rob. 👍🏻

IMG_20211101_201133.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, GavLew79 said:

Revisiting the 2019 N1. Quite an unruly beast on release, and I didn't enjoy all of them. Now there's only two left and they're singing. 😢

Looking forward to pick up the new blend Rob. 👍🏻

When working with new blends, you don't quite know how long the cigars will take to settle let alone their evolution potential. The 2019 release was a case in point. 

3 months?

6 months?

Would they get better all?

The 2019 took 12 months and they are still improving. That is a good sign . 

The 2021 blend is a tweak/upgrade but we now have a gauge of their improvement timeline. 

I would recommend all try them with 30 down and then put them away for 6 months to a year. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

When working with new blends, you don't quite know how long the cigars will take to settle let alone their evolution potential. The 2019 release was a case in point. 

3 months?

6 months?

Would they get better all?

The 2019 took 12 months and they are still improving. That is a good sign . 

The 2021 blend is a tweak/upgrade but we now have a gauge of their improvement timeline. 

I would recommend all try them with 30 down and then put them away for 6 months to a year. 

Absolutely; and add to that the inaugural blend!

Fascinating how they've changed. It goes against the "NCs don't age because they're already aged" myth. 

Good luck with the new batch!

And put it this way...they already knock spots of most things coming out of the RP factory! 2021/2022 should be stellar!

That nudge of sweetness should be 👌🏻

Just now, GavLew79 said:

And put it this way...they already knock spots of most things coming out of the RP factory! 2021/2022 should be stellar!

That nudge of sweetness should be 👌🏻

I moved production out of RP for these. Smaller team, better control. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Araffle said:

RP is in Rocky Patel?  Not known for great QC.  

Quite the opposite. QC is as good as anywhere. Blending skill  however was lacking until recently.  Their 55 is a case in in point. They are heading in the right direction now that they have some real blenders on board, 

• Like 2

On 10/21/2021 at 1:10 PM, 99call said:

In a previous career I was a chef,   and memories of that, make me exciting about this venture.  I can attest to the fact there are few more enjoyable passions than putting something out there, that you would be doing as a hobby regardless............and it being passionately taken up by a loyal following, it just the cherry on the cake.

This is what entrepreneurialism at its best should be.  Not the dull cold hearted mining of the poor ...with a crap product,  but good people making good things, that are bought by other good people.    It feels like such an old fashioned idea.......and thats really bloody sad

Great post amigo!

cheers! -R

• Like 1