Email of the week: Your last  "wow, I wasn't expecting that" cigar. 

The more responses the better. :thumbsup:

Rob, 

I hope you and the team are doing well!

Just reaching out to ask "what are the cigars of 2021 that have really surprised you in a positive way?" That might be too difficult so maybe "what is the last cigar that you smoked that really surprised you in a positive way?".    Your last  "wow, I wasn't expecting that" cigar. 

1 hour ago, treberty said:

My last LFdC Elegidos.

Not very complex, but really good.

I really liked them as well. Best of the short fillers by a long way, but the price is way too high in my view. 

For me it has to be the resurgence of Punch Punch.

• Like 2

can think of two .. both were actually "within expectation" in terms of flavour but stood out in terms of quality and performance

BBF. I don't actually own any and been a while since i had one but was given one recently and the flavours were simply brilliant.

Monte Maltes. From a box that I stashed away to ensure that I don't smoke through them too quickly, pulled one out recently and got hit with some fancy chocolate milk. I was thinking the prices were starting to go crazy but if they all smoke like that, these flavours are right up my alley and it's still cheaper than a Cohiba!

• Like 3

'18 PSP Trinidad Vigia. Just a couple of years has done wonders for this cigar. Found them a little to strong for my liking fresh, but the second from the box I had only a week ago and it was fantastic.

• Like 3

I could give numerous examples but the last cigar that 'wowed' me was a PCC aged Cohiba Secretos, sourced from Altidis in Spain (and acquired from our host). I wasn't expecting it to smoke as well as it did at that stage of its development.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RichG-LI-NY said:

John do you recall what code this was? This year, I smoked 9 Secretos from TPO Jan 18, most of which were great to magnificent. 

Yes, it was from a MSU Nov 17 box code.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, yossie said:

Monte #4

Coffee , toasty and creme. I now understand why they produce so many.

Truly a great cigar. I have no interest in the #2. Can smoke the #4 any day of the week. And I have never had a bad box. Luck?

11 hours ago, JohnS said:

I could give numerous examples but the last cigar that 'wowed' me was a PCC aged Cohiba Secretos, sourced from Altidis in Spain (and acquired from our host). I wasn't expecting it to smoke as well as it did at that stage of its development.

The 08s or another year? I have a box of 08s I purchased last year but have yet to sample. 

Current production - Hoyo Escogidos.  Did not expect the caramel, chocolate, marshmallow combination.  Delicious cigars

The wow cigar of the year without regard to production date - 2019 Talisman.  I've had 2 this year and one of them was spectacular.  Behike-like in its flavors.  Didn't see it coming at all.

• Like 3