Speech Recognition and Dictation software?

First of all....who uses speech recognition and dictation sofware successfully?  :cigar:

emails, document editing, etc. 

Flawless.....close to flawless....how steep was the learning curve?

secondly......what are you using.  recommend it? considering others? what are they?

Would you do it again?

20 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

First of all....who uses speech recognition and dictation sofware successfully?  :cigar:

secondly......what are you using.  recommend it? considering others? what are they?

Would you do it again?

Did Di give you a dirty look when you asked her to take dictation for all your correspondence?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Did Di give you a dirty look when you asked her to take dictation for all your correspondence?

Di thinks the sun shines out of your behind.

I am forwarding this to her now :forkyou:

• Haha 1

i legit use MS word dictation feature and it seems to be pretty good for me. use it alot when im putting together a large amount of text. its terrible for formatting, but to get the words down it seems pretty good to me. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Would you do it again?

Once upon a time, about 12 years ago and then half through college after that I was using dragon speaking naturally. Or was it naturally speaking? It was from dragon. 

Super easy to use after setting up with word at the time. I believe they make a product for most situations, and one of my rn pals that does transcribe for physicians says they make a medical version.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Meesterjojo said:

Once upon a time, about 12 years ago and then half through college after that I was using dragon speaking naturally. Or was it naturally speaking? It was from dragon. 

Super easy to use after setting up with word at the time. I believe they make a product for most situations, and one of my rn pals that does transcribe for physicians says they make a medical version.

Yup, Naturally Speaking. I kinda think MS ended up acquiring them though.  That's the one I know of and have heard good things about. 

• Like 2

I use to work for Nuance, the company that owns/sells Dragon Speak. I don't know when they went cloud but that's how it works today. Utterance collected. Pushed thru recognizer software in cloud and then dictated back. I think the quality of your environment and noise levels have a lot to do with success. 

I actually work for NYCs utility company and run their in house IVR (Phone system) operations. Listening to people's frustrations about not having said x or z... it's real. Voice space is complicated. All that voice collection stuff tho is a black box product. Customizable to an extent to make it more forgiving but it's still challenging. The Dragon suite probably still holds huge market share in that space. I'd give them a spin.

• Thanks 1