What are the top two vitolas in terms of quantum that you smoke.

What are the top two vitolas in terms of quantum that you smoke.   

170 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hermosos No. 4 and Minutos, so I guess that's Robustos and Petit Coronas.

But less by choice than by necessity. The cigars I like the most just happen to be in those formats. For example, I prefer Corona Gorda and Dalias as vitolas but there aren't many options there anymore. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

But less by choice than by necessity. The cigars I like the most just happen to be in those formats. For example, I prefer Corona Gorda and Dalias as vitolas but there aren't many options there anymore. 

If PCC is taking input, maybe we'll see a few more RE in those formats produced. Or they'll order more of these that are available for their market.

Voted Lonsdale and Corona Gorda.

14 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Quick weekend poll to provide some data to PCC. 

PS There will be a follow up question on saturday/weekend. 

Voted Corona Gorda and Robustos.  If I had my way I still would've voted corona gordas but would replace robusto with churchill/double coronas!  There's just more robustos out there so I'm kinda forced to smoke more of them if I want variety.

28 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

👆🏼

• Like 1

Funny when I look at my inventory I see that I want to smoke more DC and Churchill’s, but time being what it is the Hermosos No4 and the PC are my go to lately. A few of the 46 rg sticks get mixed in as well. 
aw hell. I just like them all

• Like 3

I just chose Petit Coronas, but meant Marevas, Minutos, Perlas, etc. Probably about 60% of what I smoke.

Generally a time/attention span issue as well value.

I'll generally get 50 minutes from a PC, but can last 80-90 minutes at times, my last two were 70 and 80 minutes, not even to the nub.

Robustos 60 minutes.

Corona gordas will almost always be 80-90 minutes minimum.

For some reason I smoke Churchills and DCs pretty fast so those are 90 minutes to 2 hours, maybe 2.5 hours at the most.

• Like 3

PC/marevas for the most part due to time - I’ll get an hour or so out of them so they fit well with the time I have in the evenings.  Belicoso/pyramide seems to be what I reach for as a “longer” session, sprinkled in with a little of everything else except DC/Churchills/Lonsdales.  With two toddlers, devoting that much time hasn’t happened in the last year.  At least they’re getting time to age…

• Like 4

I was never a robusto fan until I started smoking Cubans. Such a deep vitola portfolio with such complexity and consistency. I’m also a sucker for a classic marevas such as a monte 4 and partagas mille fleurs. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Quick weekend poll to provide some data to PCC. 

PS There will be a follow up question on saturday/weekend. 

If this is research for their next RE I guess there's no hope of a skinny since it's not an option ;).

Oh how I'd love another Dalia - maybe ERDM?

If this is about new regular production I'd like more cigars in the Minuto to Marevas range.

My pick would be for some more Fraciscanos/Lunch Club cigars. I think they discontinued 5 of them in 2001-2003. Also some more short Panetelas. (Haven't looked those up, but I feel they discontinued a bunch too).

I don't really like anything shorter than a Minuto: Perlas, Half Coronas, etc.

I would really like to enjoy a cigar with a smoke time shorter than a minuto sometimes, but the physics and proportions don't work out. It feels like you're smoking the second half of a normal cigar at that point. Especially with the sub 4 inch cigars.

Entreactos aren't as bad, you can get 20-25 minutes and it still feels like you're smoking a regular cigar, because the skinnyness cancels out the shortness, but they're not the best value, especially if you consider they're pretty close to Chicos/Puritos.

1 hour ago, bmac said:

Please define “quantum” for us.

Swap it with “amount”

Churchills and lonsdale off that list. Would be interested to see the same poll but with the tweak of “time is not a factor.” 

II'm mostly petit coronas with robustos a distant second. The petit corona fits my budget and time window for an everyday smoke before bedtime. I smoke larger vitolas mostly on weekends and holidays. Minutos are weekend morning smokes or short time window smokes. If money and time were not a factor I'd skew more towards robustos and piramides. 

It's interesting that PCC would be interested in data from FOH. Vitola preferences from an International customer base with a seeming US majority would seem to be a little out of their purview.

• Like 2

Robustos have become my favorite (affordable) size. Used to smoke mainly PC and minutos but have found the complexity of flavors and overall experience from the Robusto to be more enjoyable. I also like that most brands have a robusto format so you can really gauge the different marcas using that vitola. 

I smoke more Double Corona's and Churchills than anything else although my favourite is the Lonsdale & Lanceros vitola. The challenge is finding inventory of the decent kinds to be able to sustain smoking to the level that I do :) - Corona Gorda is a beautiful format too but I'll always go with a longer smoke than a shorter. (but then, I'm lucky to have a smoking room and am not subject to the British weather)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, traveller said:

In terms of Quantity @El Presidente? I sure hope people aren't having quantum cigars, where they smoke one and somewhere else in the world another cigar of the same vitola spontaneously is smoked without the input of its owner?

Edit: I guess upon further review the definition holds: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/quantum

According to Quantum Cigar Entanglement this is true.
Believe me, you have many more issues to overcome because of the Quantum Cigar Uncertainty Principle (aka Habana Uncertainty Principle) ...

a) The cigars are in a superposition of being both smoked and unsmoked until someone observes you either smoking them or not.

b) You cannot determine both where you are smoking the cigars and how fast you are smoking them at the same time.

c) You are smoking the same cigars in many places at the same time until observed smoking them.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, loose_axle said:

Hell! No wonder they're cancelling double coronas and churchills. Two of my favourite vitolas... 

You are in a small minority in this day and age. I have the time for large formats, but find them boring. My attention span is roughly 60 minutes for a cigar. 90-120 minutes, no way. The enjoyment is gone and the experience just becomes drawn out and boring. 

• Like 4