New Humidor arriving

Eric05

2 hours ago, Eric05 said:
Good evening all. 

The time has come my new humidor has been built and will be arriving shortly. I intend to update this as i receive and well of course set it up. Background. I had an aristocrat by Bob outgrew it. Decided to upgrade to an Avallo by Matt. And then sold that. I was never a fan of my Avallo. I felt like it was a big downgrade from My Aristocrat. And well just took to long to get. This unit. Took approx 4 months. The builder is located in Europe. I am in United States. 

Builder is Charles. By thevaultwoodworks that’s his IG. He is very responsive. His work is amazing. I really wanted something custom built. By someone, his pricing is very fair. Also considering it’s being shipped half way around the world. I looked at another unit by someone in Canada. Also on IG and well I couldn’t see past the 10k he was asking for a unit. But anyhow i will post progress photos here and then update once i receive the unit. Please feel free to ask any questions. I always read the forums and look for humidor builders so maybe someone else is doing the same. 

dimenisons: 54in(H) 30in(w) 30in(d)
i will be installing bobs humidification unit inside  

Truly amazing!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good God, that's nice Eric.  I like all the little details even with the LED recessed strips.  Judging by the shop lights, the int LED's 

are anywhere from 2900k-3200k. Very pleasing to the eye.

Is this smaller than your Avallo DDD?  Would love to check out your builders other projects. Definitely very clean man!

On 11/24/2021 at 2:55 AM, el chino said:

Good God, that's nice Eric.  I like all the little details even with the LED recessed strips.  Judging by the shop lights, the int LED's 

are anywhere from 2900k-3200k. Very pleasing to the eye.

Is this smaller than your Avallo DDD?  Would love to check out your builders other projects. Definitely very clean man!

this would be smaller then my avallo. Bigger then the Aristocrat. I have about 50 boxes in now. Probably could fit 100-125 in there.

• Like 2

I see you mentioned utilizing Bobs humidification system.  Are you doing anything for temps?  maybe your area is good when it comes to heat.  

Here on the west coast, (I live 3 min from the beach) temps can get pretty warm a couple months out of the year where I have to plug my NewAir fridgeador in to keep it back down to 63-66°F.  During the summer months that's my fluctuation on a thermoelectric.

What is the top lid for?  Looking forward to your progress!

6 hours ago, el chino said:

I see you mentioned utilizing Bobs humidification system.  Are you doing anything for temps?  maybe your area is good when it comes to heat.  

Here on the west coast, (I live 3 min from the beach) temps can get pretty warm a couple months out of the year where I have to plug my NewAir fridgeador in to keep it back down to 63-66°F.  During the summer months that's my fluctuation on a thermoelectric.

What is the top lid for?  Looking forward to your progress!

Top lid is just for storage. Lighters, cutters, stuff my son can’t reach if he decided to get into it. Right now i been running the unit for humidity only. Bottom is about 66. Top is 64. Perfect for me. Smooth and quiet. It stays in my basement. My basement varies between 67-68 all year. I’ve never needed temp controlled. 

• 2 weeks later...

loving it so far, hooking up the humidification unit from Bob(aristocrat) has been spot on and perfect. It maintains a perfect humidity 64 top and 66 bottom. I couldn't be happier with the unit. The LED lights are nice, but then it gets to warm in there. So can't leave them on for awhile. 

I am a little skeptical in regards to the remingtons, I've heard they don't hold humidity well. It's not as natural as wood. I also see humidors like Vigilant, And I just don't understand why someone would spend that much on that unit, crazy. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Beautiful humidor! The way things are going I may be looking for a bit bigger humidor sooner rather than later. Turns out I have been following Charles for some time now. Prices do seem attractive. Construction looks immaculate. Will definitely be considering one for my next. Thank you for sharing!

Cheers,

Drew

• 9 months later...