Ultimate Heartbreaker Partagas mega cabinet

1 minute ago, stevenhaugen said:

That being said, it doesn't look very air tight and I already fuss enough over my humidor :D

Gladly here in the North of England,   Our standard climate is pretty much in the sweet spot.   But I'm think I would have used this to house all my other collectable cigar boxes.    A bit like a mini cigar museum

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 99call said:

Gladly here in the North of England,   Our standard climate is pretty much in the sweet spot.   But I'm think I would have used this to house all my other collectable cigar boxes.    A bit like a mini cigar museum

Interesting point - sometimes I fuss so much over the humidor (I have a climate controlled one) and then realise that the ambient temperature is pretty decent to leave cigars out. Sadly, there are points in the year (like now and back of summer) that prevent it...

Great idea for the museum of sorts - I think my girlfriend would kill me if I bought something else cigar-related that takes up even more room in the house :)

11 minutes ago, stevenhaugen said:

Interesting point - sometimes I fuss so much over the humidor (I have a climate controlled one) and then realise that the ambient temperature is pretty decent to leave cigars out. Sadly, there are points in the year (like now and back of summer) that prevent it...

Yeah,  I'm not sure where you are in the UK, but i'm north of Manchester.    I don't think I would ever consider leaving cigars out, if I lived down south. especially with climate change.

Hear up north I have my cigars in huge airtight humi chests with 65RH Bovedas,  that said if I ever have to have boxes out of the humi, I'm never really bothered too much, as yeah, the natural conditions are pretty close. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 99call said:

Haha. I just meant fluctuation in humidity. Any snowy places that I've ever been too the furniture is often buckled and warped.

No offense taken.  Humidity does drop here in the colder months, but most of us cigar smokers have kept our humidors safe from those fluctuations.  Though ambient RH can be a challenge to the exterior of such units for sure. Come summer, especially in Toronto RH can exceed 70 at times. 

• Like 1

Certainly would look grand in the billiards room of your manor house. 😉

In all seriousness, though, it's one of the finest examples extant I've seen, very sorry you weren't able to obtain it.

• Thanks 1

That is a stunning cabinet. I have been searching high and low for something in my area. I live in California and it is evidently a cigar safe space zone!

4 minutes ago, Jack said:

Certainly would look grand in the billiards room of your manor house. 😉

In all seriousness, though, it's one of the finest examples extant I've seen, very sorry you weren't able to obtain it.

Just need to afford the manor house now!!! ha.    Yeah  I just hope it went to someone who really knew how special it is, and not to ruin it with shabby chic paint etc  which I've seen about 6 times

Was that made by Partagas as a cabinet to ship large numbers of cigars to distributors?  Or was it made for the end-user as a humidor/piece of furniture.  Or both?

That would be pretty intricate inlay, hinging, etc for only distribution purposes.

1 hour ago, Wookie said:

Was that made by Partagas as a cabinet to ship large numbers of cigars to distributors?  Or was it made for the end-user as a humidor/piece of furniture.  Or both?

I think when you look at the AD Duke St 'maturing room'  It's fair to assume that these mega cabinet acted as showcases, where any client could buy from. Certainly their set up in the photo suggests that every big marca was featured, in that 'corridor of cabs'  . I have personally owned vintage plain Dunhill dispatch boxes, where clients ordered bundles taken from larger cabs. 

190688281_Screenshot2021-09-13at17_53_47.jpg.620a7d48ab8f4900f0a26ef0ea8ac912.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Finally tracked down where this ended up.  From Habana, to South England, to Australia NSW. 

@El Presidente @Fuzz @JohnS  At $12000 Australian, I still think they are asking a fair price.  Breaks my heart to think I could have had is for £2k. 

Come on fellas, this has got to end up at a good home.  Otherwise some bloody shabby chic clown is going to 'Distress' it......and distress me at the same time!!

https://quintessentialduckeggblue.com.au/object/antique-cigar-humidor-cabinet/

• Like 2