What's your ride?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am a bit of a car guy but this is by far the most fun I’ve ever parked in my garage, got it in July. Bucket list item. It’s a Shelby 427 continuation car built in 2008. Engine is a Shelby Aluminum F

This is my 1978 Ford LTD lowrider. Started out bone stock and totally built and painted by a buddy and myself (my friend happens to own a custom paint and restoration shop).  My daily is an uneve

2017 Volvo XC90 custom built by HEICO. 2021 Volvo XC40 Recharge All Electric and, for last weekend a brand-spanking-new SF90:   1,000 HP hybrid drivetrain combined with that muc

51 minutes ago, Tdm_86 said:

This is my 1978 Ford LTD lowrider. Started out bone stock and totally built and painted by a buddy and myself (my friend happens to own a custom paint and restoration shop). 

My daily is an uneventful 2002 Audi A6 Avant Quattro

It’s always nice to have some good friends. Nice car. Don’t see to many old school cars these days. Thanks for keeping it alive. Love the colors. I’m sure the interior looks just as nice as the outside. You should put it in some car shows. 

5 hours ago, In-A-Gadda-Davidoff said:

The weekday driver, the weekend cruiser and ol’ rusty for the heavier work.

Love the chevelle. I’m sure it’s a fun weekend driver. 

8 hours ago, Tdm_86 said:

This is my 1978 Ford LTD lowrider. Started out bone stock and totally built and painted by a buddy and myself (my friend happens to own a custom paint and restoration shop).

2984F4CD-8FAA-4CCC-8DBC-E2B62326F750.jpeg.0f5bffa267c65616e703f5536a1c3b42.jpeg

That's a man's car right there.

Driving an Acura RDX which I later learned will not pull a 2000 pound bass boat - ridiculous.  When car prices return to earth will need to get something that tows a bass boat.  I am done with German cars as the maintenance costs make zero sense.

Daily driver is a 2010 BMW M6, last year of the V10 engine. More sedate driving is a 2017 X3 and for pure fun in the best weather is a 1934 Terraplane. I will confess that the Terraplane is a bear to drive; it’s a heavy car and has no power anything. Provides a great counterpoint to the M6!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, El Hoze said:
I am a bit of a car guy but this is by far the most fun I’ve ever parked in my garage, got it in July. Bucket list item. It’s a Shelby 427 continuation car built in 2008. Engine is a Shelby Aluminum FE Side Oiler bored to 482 CID built nearly identical to the original 1965 right down to the door latches. The engine configuration supposedly puts out 635hp and the car weighs 2,200lb and has a 90” wheelbase. Takes a little time to build up confidence to really drive it! Rack and pinion steering, you really feel a connection to the car ….and at a stop light if a Harley pulls up next to you you can’t hear the Harley. Obnoxiously loud. It’s a unique experience even at 3,000rpm. At 6,000rpm it’s quite a rush. The guys who used to race these cars at 7,000 rpm must have just not known what fear was. I can’t even imagine. I drive it around town for 45 min and I need a few beers and a shower to calm my nerves. Not the most practical car but I am in love with it. My wife absolutely hates it, which is great.

Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, El Hoze said:

I am a bit of a car guy but this is by far the most fun I’ve ever parked in my garage, got it in July. Bucket list item. It’s a Shelby 427 continuation car built in 2008. Engine is a Shelby Aluminum FE Side Oiler bored to 482 CID built nearly identical to the original 1965 right down to the door latches. The engine configuration supposedly puts out 635hp and the car weighs 2,200lb and has a 90” wheelbase. Takes a little time to build up confidence to really drive it! Rack and pinion steering, you really feel a connection to the car ….and at a stop light if a Harley pulls up next to you you can’t hear the Harley. Obnoxiously loud. It’s a unique experience even at 3,000rpm. At 6,000rpm it’s quite a rush. The guys who used to race these cars at 7,000 rpm must have just not known what fear was. I can’t even imagine. I drive it around town for 45 min and I need a few beers and a shower to calm my nerves. Not the most practical car but I am in love with it. My wife absolutely hates it, which is great.

Very nice! A friend of mine owns a Dax Cobra, he’s got a 383 stroker in it that puts about 450 to the wheels. That thing scares the living shit out of me. Can’t imagine how yours must be, I bet it’s a thrill to drive. 

34 minutes ago, Tdm_86 said:

Very nice! A friend of mine owns a Dax Cobra, he’s got a 383 stroker in it that puts about 450 to the wheels. That thing scares the living shit out of me. Can’t imagine how yours must be, I bet it’s a thrill to drive. 

Thanks! I am not super familar with Dax, they’re much more seen in the UK I think. It is a very intimidating car and I’ve been fortunate enough to drive some pretty cool modern cars. The trucker who unloaded it told me he’s been hauling exotic cars for 30 years and has never been so scared pulling a car on or off the truck. He stalled it three times…I probably lost 3 months of my life in those 4 minutes. Had a Berlinetta sitting above it too. People have sold Cobras as they were too scared to drive them. I have a son that turns 3 in December, so I’m not getting anywhere close to what the car can do. I have heard guys say in the hands of the right driver even an original 1965 Shelby 427 would shut down a current M3 on most tracks and the continuation cars even have a leg up on those. Even if only somewhat true that is pretty cool! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Digi said:

2017 Volvo XC90 custom built by HEICO.

2021 Volvo XC40 Recharge All Electric

and, for last weekend a brand-spanking-new SF90:

1,000 HP hybrid drivetrain combined with that much engineering and tech is truly a awe inspiring.  The car is entirely civil until you kick it into Qualifying mode and turn off traction control.  Then……..just…no. 

Just plug it in!

another “wow”! What a machine! 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

On 11/11/2021 at 12:39 PM, In-A-Gadda-Davidoff said:

The weekday driver, the weekend cruiser and ol’ rusty for the heavier work.

EA70E5BC-2C14-4540-81AA-9AFE1BB3F49C.jpeg

that middle pic made me green with envy