Movie Franchises... where they should have stopped... where they maybe should have gone on...

There is one undisputed (I should imagine) king in the "should have stopped category" - Godfather 3. :cowpoop:

With the already tainted Ghostbusters series about to get another instalment - I think GB Afterlife is due out in the US this week? - and The Matrix 4 in the pipeline... Top Gun: Maverick in 2022... will we be doing this :perfect10: or this :moon: ?

What are your thoughts on how these and any others will fare? The best and worst of franchises and their instalments? And what about a single movie or franchise you think should have had another crack but didn't?

Post em up! :cigar:

• Like 3

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think we could have done without Indiana Jones 4...

Terminator didn't need more after T2.  Predator didn't need sequels either. 

JAWS = Yes 2 = Meh 3D = 🤢 The Revenge = 🤮

Conan the Barbarian to me is an underrated classic and should have been given a proper run. Although I'm sure Arnold wasn't complaining.  

Die Hard should have ended after the first one. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I think we could have done without Indiana Jones 4...

absolutely. 

bad enough but to cast cate blanchet just compounded the entire mess - is there an actress more determined to be front and centre of every shot and bugger anyone else in the scene? 

• Like 1

Just now, Cletus said:

Can we mention remakes?  Papillon is one of my all-time favorite movies.  I cannot bring myself to watch the 2017 remake. Why did someone think it needed to be remade??

there was this 1970 classic 

image.jpeg

and this 2000 abomination. 

Get Carter (2000) - IMDb

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bijan said:

The original star trek movie was pretty bad. 2 and 4 were classics though.

I always felt there was the odd/even phenomena here. 1, 3, 5 bad, and 2, 4 and 6 good. 100% with you on 2 & 4 being the classics!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cletus said:

Can we mention remakes?  Papillon is one of my all-time favorite movies.  I cannot bring myself to watch the 2017 remake. Why did someone think it needed to be remade??

Original Papillon is perfection.

The concept of remakes is an abomination. Is there no creativity left? 

23 minutes ago, RichG-LI-NY said:

I always felt there was the odd/even phenomena here. 1, 3, 5 bad, and 2, 4 and 6 good. 100% with you on 2 & 4 being the classics!

Yeah it almost continued with the next generation movies. 1 there (Generations) was bad, 2 (First Contact) was good, but 3 and 4 were not that great, and maybe 4 was even worse.

• Like 1

What if Slim Pickens had parachuted to safety just before the bomb blew up in Dr. Strangelove?...

• Like 1