Interesting marketing angle.

Interesting marketing angle here. :thinking:

Not being a beer guy, I am not the target market. Still, will we see a run of tailored cigars for wine varietals/spirits etc?

It feels like a big stretch...........REAL BIG :lol3:

image.png

PUNCH X CIGAR CITY BREWING MADURO CIGAR

Typically cigars are paired with a rich spirit like bourbon or scotch. The Cigar City Brewing Maduro by Punch is unique as it's crafted to pair with beer. It's made at the HATSA factory in Honduras with a Honduran habano maduro wrapper, a Honduran habano binder, and a combination of Honduran habano fillers. The result is a flavorful blend of earth and wood notes that goes great with malt-forward beers but is equally enjoyable on its own. Available at select liquor stores starting this month in both 5.25 x 54 Magnum and 6 x 50 Toro varieties, it will see a wider launch early next year.

Drew Estate Smoking Monk cigars was an interesting idea. Not sure why it went away. Some of the pairings where pretty good. If I remember correctly I liked the Hef and the IPA cigar. I dunno it's been awhile. 

Drew Estate Smoking Monk Triple Belgian (6.5”x54)
Drew Estate Smoking Monk Porter (6.5”x54)
Drew Estate Smoking Monk Imperial Stout (6.5”x54)
Drew Estate Smoking Monk American IPA (6.5”x54)
Drew Estate Smoking Monk Hefeweizen (6.5”x54)

• Like 1

Kinda cool. The guy that I think still is their head brewer started out at a brewpub in Atlanta 20 years ago or so.  I like their stuff- feel like they need a high grav stout to go with a cigar.  Forget if they make one. Neat tie-in if nothing else.

• Like 1