Avallo Cooled DDD or Remington Lite. Help Appreciated

el chino

Greeting FOH Fam,

I can foresee myself outgrowing my coolerdor in the next year or so.  I've been on the fence with the Cooled DDD vs the Remington lite.  After much reading from reviews from our members.  It seems we have USA vs China, loong wait times vs. not in stock.  

For those whom had both.  Which ones did you like better?  Avallo's website is years past in need of an update.  Seems like the capacity on the DDD is slightly larger?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

The Cooled DDD will be well over a year until it's ready. The Owner of Avallo is seriously back logged and the DDD takes the longest. If you're willing to wait you're better off, I just don't know how good the Remington is in the long run. Avallo has been around for a while. 

1 hour ago, benfica_77 said:

The Cooled DDD will be well over a year until it's ready. The Owner of Avallo is seriously back logged and the DDD takes the longest. If you're willing to wait you're better off, I just don't know how good the Remington is in the long run. Avallo has been around for a while. 

That's what I hear from other members posts.  I've got time.  I know this is subjective and I feel the Avallo actually uses wood, quality wood I should say vs. the Remington plastic insides.  It would be nice to know which one holds more boxes.  I also read that the Remington used to be compressor and is now thermoelectric. 

Thanks for your input 77!

Take a look at the post i just made recently with my new humidor. Having had a Avallo. Vs the one i just purchased. Hands down Avallo is made like shit compared. It’s not sturdy. The fit and finish is no where close to being on the same playing field. And waiting over a year is just crazy. 

3 hours ago, Eric05 said:

Take a look at the post i just made recently with my new humidor. Having had a Avallo. Vs the one i just purchased. Hands down Avallo is made like shit compared. It’s not sturdy. The fit and finish is no where close to being on the same playing field. And waiting over a year is just crazy. 

Hey Eric, I'll have to check it out. Yeah, I can feel your frustration.  Judging from some members pre ship pictures, the background is a mess.  Most definitely overwhelmed and needs more manpower.  Btw, do you know how many cigars/boxes the DDD holds?   It looks small in the pictures.

One thing I learned, just like gun safes.  Double what you think you need 😂