Connossieur A vs 2

6 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

Smoking Noellas right now and it also pops for me.

Noellas are excellent. Unfortunately it has the title of worst value and just gets forgotten. I wish they were available in another format and the jar as an option. The SC Torreon is in the same boat. Excellent but expensive and a terrible value. I've always wished they were also available in 10s as well as the jars. 

4 hours ago, rcarlson said:

But that Connie 2?  Yawn. 

You agree that the 2 is one of the strangest CCs in that it's got flavor, isn't mild yet is just the most boring blend? I couldn't say it was bad but I couldn't say it was good. I've never disliked a 90+ point cigar more. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Noellas are excellent. Unfortunately it has the title of worst value and just gets forgotten. I wish they were available in another format and the jar as an option. The SC Torreon is in the same boat. Excellent but expensive and a terrible value. I've always wished they were also available in 10s as well as the jars. 

You agree that the 2 is one of the strangest CCs in that it's got flavor, isn't mild yet is just the most boring blend? I couldn't say it was bad but I couldn't say it was good. I've never disliked a 90+ point cigar more. 

Yeah.  Boring as hell. It's certainly not bad, but I wouldn't give it 90+.  It is a strange one.  

7 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

How bizarre is it that the Conn #2 is a 51 ring? Is there any other Habanos cigar with a 51 ring gauge? Normally even numbered. Kinda like Rolex upping the classic 40mm Submariner to 41mm after decades. These are obviously "odd times" we are living in! LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:
I would go further than bang for buck. I would put the 1 up--straight up--with any of them. The 13-16 As were a hell of a cigar and clearly superior but recently I don't think it has the 1 beat. The B is a wacky one. It's lighter and has some odd notes to it. Lots of people, including myself, are not fans, and of course it's a 54 RG. The 2, I think, lacks character. The 1 has it all--flavor, richness, character, consistency. I don't think it has anything to envy in the other Connies. 

Smoking a 16 A right now and I will agree. Very rich. I will have to pop into my 19s to compare. I have had several from the 19 box and was impressed.

41d1087f9e4d4e98de3592a8a8e906bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

5 hours ago, NYgarman said:

How bizarre is it that the Conn #2 is a 51 ring? Is there any other Habanos cigar with a 51 ring gauge? Normally even numbered. Kinda like Rolex upping the classic 40mm Submariner to 41mm after decades. These are obviously "odd times" we are living in! LOL

Yes, I'm hoping a 45 is next though. :lol3: Although there's technically been a couple 45s in figurado and the one 03 Partagas humi release. But a 45 x 150 would be cool. 

I will say though, I loved the feel of the Bohemios. I didn't expect that. It felt closer to a 50 than a 52 and the length is perfect. Great balance in the hand. 

Great thread - lots of good info - thanks for sharing. The Connie A is in my top five cigars, every one I've had was a tasty and complex smoke. The Connie 2 on 24:24 this week looked tempting enough to try a 1/4 box. Will be interesting to see how it stacks up against the Connie A and 1. Haven't had a bad Upmann yet... from the Mag 46 to the Mag 50 and everything in between.

• Like 1