Your top three Robusto of 2021?

Top 3   

185 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Partagas D4 have been outstanding for me this year, and the short Churchill has gone from zero to hero in my opinion. The Famosos are always a good smoke, and are my number 3 .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I hadn't had one since the original Q4 20 batch but I just had one from a new box SOU ABR 21 and I keep liking them more and more.

Now, the strange part is that I can't yet tell you exactly why I like them!

Could I peg it as PL DNA blind? No. Is it complex? No. It is just a high quality, medium plus, very rich, super twangy cigar with flavor in every puff.

I have no idea how they will age, if they will change quickly or if they will ever change. But the quality of the tobacco and the core could turn this into a 95-96 point cigar at some point. Maybe 5 years, maybe 15 years. Or maybe not at all.

But for now, it's one of those rare cigars that is just good for reasons you don't need to think about. If it were on this poll I would have to include it. I hope more people get a chance to try them. 

For me, the simplest way to categorise them would be to say that they are like a quality Punch Short de Punch with some butterscotch flavouring on the sides. I had one about a week ago and yes, it was simply great. It's a pity that there not easy to source at the moment.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

For me, the simplest way to categorise them would be to say that they are like a quality Punch Short de Punch with some butterscotch flavouring on the sides. I had one about a week ago and yes, it was simply great. It's a pity that there not easy to source at the moment.

I'd agree with that. I find it far superior to any Short de Punch I've ever had however. Much more flavorful. I think they may need a year or two to bring out some other characteristics, but there is a touch of that butterscotch/caramel which would be consistent with PL. 

• Like 2