Humidifier to moisten cigars ?

Waste of time IMO.  Faucet already got it figured out for you.  I almost always rinse the head of the cigar real quick (1-2 sec), get a drink and then cut the cigar over the kitchen sink.  Some times I'll rinse the whole cigar, nice change and good to contrast on a familiar cigar.

Waste of time IMO.  Faucet already got it figured out for you.  I almost always rinse the head of the cigar real quick (1-2 sec), get a drink and then cut the cigar over the kitchen sink.  Some times I'll rinse the whole cigar, nice change and good to contrast on a familiar cigar.

I was thinking it would be less of a total rush of moisture into the cigar and may impart it more evenly and slower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, Lord Verulam said:

I was thinking it would be less of a total rush of moisture into the cigar and may impart it more evenly and slower

Once you take the cigar out from under the tap, after a short while the water on the wrapper absorbs and evens itself out. After a minute or two you'd never know it was run under the tap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Once you take the cigar out from under the tap, after a short while the water on the wrapper absorbs and evens itself out. After a minute or two you'd never know it was run under the tap.

Don’t you think it’s too much at once tho, particularly where the stream first makes contact with the cigar ?

2 minutes ago, Lord Verulam said:

Don’t you think it’s too much at once tho, particularly where the stream first makes contact with the cigar ?

I generally run the tap with the lowest flow possible, in order for it not to be too much exactly as is your concern.

But I've seen videos where people basically put the cigar under a fully open tap and the cigar seemed to smoke fine. I think in a short amount of time the wrapper (as long as it doesn't tear) blocks the water and prevents the rest of the cigar from getting soggy. The wrapper will quickly get saturated under the tap, but once you take it out from under the tap, that water will absorb into the cigar.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lord Verulam said:

So we’ve heard/seen plenty of the run the cigar under the tap trick here on the forum….got em thinking what if you held a cigar over a humidifier for a min or so? How would this affect things? Thoughts?

Shit no.gif

14 hours ago, MC4 said:

Do you just rinse the head of the cigar (cigar perpendicular to the stream of water) or the entire cigar gets rinsed for a 1 or 2 sec (cigar parallel to the stream)?

thnx

Usually just the head to prevent cracking if the cigar is old or looks dry. But if it's a very old cigar I'll do most of the cigar. In both cases perpendicular to the stream of water.

• Thanks 1