Amazon of Customs Papo sticks

I was impressed by the Alex offering, that lancero is divine but sold out unfortunately.  I want to try the Papo currently up but thought I'd ask here if anyone has tried them yet.  Search results seem to be mostly arguments about ghosts and/or floor scraps.  Not fishing for debate, just informed opinions of the cigars.  Thanks.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nino said:

I was going to post some pics of my first encounter with Papo many, many years ago in 2011 ( Don Alejandro was still around in good form ) but I see he has face covered on that site, so I won't.

Funny because at that time I didn't know who he was, but I happened to be there with good friends ( like Jimmy from S'pore ) when he opened his Paladar and we were his first guests for an excellent meal out in the boondocks....

Last time I met Papo for rum and cigars was 2 years ago this month and I can only praise his cigars as being VERY good - on a par with the best from La Meca del Tabaco like HLP, Carvajal or others.

NB : Consider this only as an endorsement of his cigars, bought from him directly at his place. I have NO experience with that website.

I will see if I have some pics in my files of his cigars.

PS : Some pics from February 2011 at the opening of his Paladar with Jimmy and the cook who used to cook at Robain's farm, the tobacco farms and some pics of Lancero and La Rosa cigars by Papo smoked Nov. 2019 in HAV.

P1370034.JPG.2e02c7507ada4c799346262514bcbf06.JPG

P1370040.JPG.8039e9eb9cbc9c6c7d7074c5d1578274.JPG

950342547_CUBA2019NOV075.jpg.c3e374d2f1e48de4e75d4a75c37d8029.jpg

699517638_CUBA2019NOV074.jpg.6e77231dd1ee1158bde46a3f9fdc6a8f.jpg

Wow that is really cool, I don't think I've ever seen a roll like that!

I've been eyeing that Amazon of Customs site for a bit and considered the Papo Lanceros, but jeez that price....I decided to pick up some HU Mag 10s instead and save the rest for the FOH nudies later this month...

With that in mind though, I've never had a Cuban Custom to date, so I hope to eventually get my hands on some, but hopefully for a better price!

• Like 2

@Spaceman Spiff they are expensive!  I tried a fiver of both the alex fundi and pyramid.  I smoked one fundi and one pyramid and immediately bought 25 more fundies as I felt they were worth the high price.  My 2nd and 3rd fundies confirmed my initial take so the site has earned some credibility with me.  Just did similar fiver with Papo's lancero, bhk 52 and Prieto bhk 56.  Hoping for another win(s).

Like you I am, eagerly anticipating the 12/20 intl store opening for the nudies.  Rob's recent comment on the colorado maduro lancero had me salivating.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I've never had a Cuban Custom to date, so I hope to eventually get my hands on some, but hopefully for a better price!

Hope is the last thing you can lose, so dream on ... 🙂

Or fly to Cuba and find Papo ... 🙂

• Like 2

Papo is awesome and his Behikes are pretty much my favorite cigar. No idea about websites, but a visit to his place is very much a highlight of any trip, especially if you can understand a little Spanish and hear him discuss some of the aspect about how he blends.

28 minutes ago, Lord Verulam said:

I’m under the impression that there is no Cuban tobacco in the cigars coming from that site regardless of how good they are …..and they are stupid expensive……hard pass for me

No idea as I don't have any experience with that site - which is why I repeat my caveat :

NB : Consider this only as an endorsement of his cigars, bought from him directly at his place.
I have NO experience with that website.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lord Verulam said:

I’m under the impression that there is no Cuban tobacco in the cigars coming from that site regardless of how good they are …..and they are stupid expensive……hard pass for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% cuban tobacco...Ramze who runs the site is bang into cuban tobacco and he told me when i questioned him that none of the rollers would risk their rep by using NC leaf..its all legit..as soon as you have your first draw you can tell..fabulous cigars all round

• Like 2

@NinoNino 

Thank you.  I didn't try them because of your comment although I appreciated the response very much and loved the pics.  I had a really good experience with the Alex gonz fundies so I took a shot.  If it winds up a regret buy it won't be the last time unfortunately.  I have several sleeping for a hand outs.  When\If I can get back I will absolutely being going to his paladar.

Those fundies do taste as good as they look though

IMG_20211203_171726.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, poolmar said:
100% cuban tobacco...Ramze who runs the site is bang into cuban tobacco and he told me when i questioned him that none of the rollers would risk their rep by using NC leaf..its all legit..as soon as you have your first draw you can tell..fabulous cigars all round

Not trying to be contrarian, because I don’t know squat, but does anybody else agree with this based on any evidence/experience?

3 hours ago, poolmar said:

Somebody send me one ! I’ll be the judge

22 minutes ago, Meesterjojo said:

I don't think the bundles seem too expensive for 25 when compared to say most ciban vendors. But these aren't Cubans. Still, now you have me interested in trying those lanceros...

they are cubans alex done a facebook live video laughing at all the no belivers they were all rolled 2 years ago at the comodoro before lockdown i have bought loads and they are cuban..i dont understand why people seem to have doubts..even alex said why would he risk his rep by rolling non cubans...he thinks its bacause he done a one limited run of NC a while back

Just now, poolmar said:

they are cubans alex done a facebook live video laughing at all the no belivers they were all rolled 2 years ago at the comodoro before lockdown i have bought loads and they are cuban..i dont understand why people seem to have doubts..even alex said why would he risk his rep by rolling non cubans...he thinks its bacause he done a one limited run of NC a while back

Well, then definitely worth it. I'm going to grab a 25 and hope for the best!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, therealrsr said:

@NinoNino 

Thank you.  I didn't try them because of your comment although I appreciated the response very much and loved the pics.  I had a really good experience with the Alex gonz fundies so I took a shot.  If it winds up a regret buy it won't be the last time unfortunately.  I have several sleeping for a hand outs.  When\If I can get back I will absolutely being going to his paladar.

Those fundies do taste as good as they look though

IMG_20211203_171726.jpg

I am pretty confident you will enjoy them ! If not I'd happily take them off your hands and send you a bundle of my Lanceros 🙂

The Paladar is a fantastic place, great food and ambiance !

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Lord Verulam said:

Not trying to be contrarian, because I don’t know squat, but does anybody else agree with this based on any evidence/experience?

Yes, absolutely 

On 12/4/2021 at 3:28 AM, therealrsr said:

I was impressed by the Alex offering, that lancero is divine but sold out unfortunately.  I want to try the Papo currently up but thought I'd ask here if anyone has tried them yet.  Search results seem to be mostly arguments about ghosts and/or floor scraps.  Not fishing for debate, just informed opinions of the cigars.  Thanks.

Like you, I dipped my toes in some of Alex’s offerings (109’s and BHK 54’s) and immediately went in deeper after smoking the first one.

Went in for some Papo BHK 52’s last week, but have not tried one yet. I can tell you they smell amazing, definitely trying one soon. 

• Like 4

I wasn’t sold on this endeavor until reading some of these reviews from you gentlemen. 

Going to give a cross-section of fivers a shot and see what they are like. Went for Papo Lancero, Alex BHK 54 and Prieto BHK 56.

Also, what’s with the 109 size listed? Isn’t a 109 usually 50 x 7ish?

24 minutes ago, RichG-LI-NY said:

Also, what’s with the 109 size listed? Isn’t a 109 usually 50 x 7ish?

Yeah, it’s not really a 109 like we know of, more of a torpedo with a blunt head. It’s on the left, next to an Alex BHK 54 and a Papo BHK 52.

The 109 is definitely a different flavor profile than the 54....I really like both, but they definitely need some downtime.

8AC1EA20-4F17-4755-90C2-E299BF71C206.jpeg.28c6c1546c087f1528e60809c4ad6ff2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ive been buying from Ramze for quite some time. Even before the website was up, farm/custom rolls, as well as main line boxes. Hes never done me wrong. As mentioned above Alex is currently in the states on vacation and did a fb live smoke session with ramze, not sure why people would still have concerns over legitimacy after that video, but it was on his personal fb page not in any groups so i guess it hasnt made it rounds yet

20211130_112031.jpg

• Thanks 2