Review thread: 12 Days of Christmas Sampler

1 hour ago, drinaldi84 said:

an interesting finish that leaves my palate feeling as though I took a sip from a glass of tannic red wine. Very different from any cigar I’ve had in recent memory

Maybe it’s peculiar to this crop, or just that I normally don’t smoke CCs this young, but I’m also getting this from the few 2021 I’ve had. It’s like a dryness to the smoke. 

@BlueRidgeFly good to hear my taste buds aren’t completely crazy, haha. This year, I’ve smoked mostly young CC’s (3 yrs or less) and this is the first time I’ve detected that dry, tannic-like, flavor. I think you’re on to something, though, as I’ve only had a handful ‘21 examples. Will be interesting to see how it develops with age. 

4 hours ago, philipl said:

Decided to follow up the P2 with the D4 in the afternoon to compare.

First third: opens with a light leather, cedar, and cream, which slowly picks up in body over the course of the third. Some savory spices come in after about a quarter inch. Surprisingly having some trouble keeping the cigar properly lit, which is a first for me out of the sampler cigars I've been dry boxing.

Middle third: cream, cedar, paprika and savory spices, light brown sugar sweetness. There's some peppery spice that has picked up quite a bit of strength.

Last third: more of the same. The burn issues continue to get worse despite my attempts to lightly correct and aid the burn line. The cigar is just too wet, leading to uneven burning and the need for constant puffing to keep the cherry going.

Overall: the flavors were alright but very muddled from the start. The cigar was just too wet which negatively affected everything from flavors to burn issues. 85/100

I smoked a PSP2 from the sampler yesterday evening that was terrible,underfilled. Not at all like the one I had earlier in the year that rocked my socks off. I had to pitch this one halfway through. It went from ok on the first inch to unsmokable and it wasn't coming back.. I'm letting the rest of the sampler rest until summer at the earliest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ford2112 said:

I smoked a PSP2 from the sampler yesterday evening that was terrible,underfilled. Not at all like the one I had earlier in the year that rocked my socks off. I had to pitch this one halfway through. It went from ok on the first inch to unsmokable and it wasn't coming back.. I'm letting the rest of the sampler rest until summer at the earliest.

Yep, I pulled all the regular production from the sampler to smoke but set aside the SC Harimau, Punch 8-9-8, and CoRo to rest for much longer before smoking.

• Like 1