FOH 2021 International Blind Tasting Cigar Number Three Reveal.

The review did reveal the cigar as per above (which I posted on the review thread), I still went with an R&J simply because I didn't like the cigar and BFF is one of my favourite go-to-cigars and I refused to admit it was one. I even called it a dud and gave it a low score 😂

Congrats to all who got it right

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Skeng Don said:

So this contest visually alters the cigars shape and possible wrapper color, to throw you off?

yea.... let me think this thru 2020-2028

BBF come in dress boxes as well as slide lid boxes. The dress boxes haven't come up on 24:24 in a while (at least I haven't seen them in the past little while).

Edit: As to wrapper color, that's all over the place for anything other than maybe maduros. Even Cohibas are sometimes dark these days. And the lightest CCs I ever had were a box of BPC.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bijan said:

BBF come in dress boxes as well as slide lid boxes. The dress boxes haven't come up on 24:24 in a while (at least I haven't seen them in the past little while).

I've got lots more to learn....which means more cigars... fair enough 

• Like 4

i have to say that i wonder whether there was a great deal of discrepancy between the cigars that went around. to be honest, i normally can't pick a cigar to save my life but that one seemed extremely obvious. but then i read a lot of the comments and people were seeing things that were simply not in mine. and not in what i would think was a typical BBF. i think that would have made it really hard for many. even rob's and mine differed enormously, certainly in quality. mine was a BBF for certain, but not a very good one. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LordAnubis said:

Noooo... oh well, my run had to stop some time... the only important thing is.... did old b@$7ard @Fuzz pick this or not?

That would be a negative, little buddy. I thought the woody, salty cream was a Sancho Panza. Never tasted that in a BBF. Never got any earthy leather that I normally associate with a Bolivar.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Fuzz said:

That would be a negative, little buddy. I thought the woody, salty cream was a Sancho Panza. Never tasted that in a BBF. Never got any earthy leather that I normally associate with a Bolivar.

Right there with ya Fuzz, with just a little twist.  From start to finish mine was a Woody, Caramel, Cream bomb.  No Guinness Stout, Earthiness, or Leather, like some 04, 14, 15, 19 BBF versions I’ve enjoyed in the last couple of years.  And the aroma wasn’t quintessential Boli.  And my nose typically straightens me up.  Color me VERY surprised by this one.  

• Thanks 1

I caught floral sweetness in the middle of that cigar that almost had me picking RyJ but it didn't last and went right back to more of a bitter woodiness.  I was 50/50 between BBF and RyJ and glad I trusted my gut.  Next one I'm absolutely certain on which has me very worried. 😁  I'm rooting for either one of us to sweep but I'll certainly have a tough time keeping up with "Clouseau" 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tough one. I was 50/50 but mentally leaning RJ. Mine tasted passable as more likely RJ than Boli, but interesting how close this example was between the two rather than definitive. I had a recent BBF and it screamed boli. Cigar 3 had me scratching my head. wonder If I should dry box cigar 4? 

• Like 4