FOH Mystery Box??

8 hours ago, Bijan said:
I don't know I think the last two from the vendor I know about would have been well received here. I think it was $249 PLPC one year (which was very poorly received), and this year it was low $200s dress box of BBF (which I hope got a better reception).

Crazy to me that PLPC was not well received. But that explains the wide mouth cigar trend.

7 hours ago, Heels82 said:
The BBF mystery box was legit however the other two I saw from another vendor I was like...

What were they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, TobaccoRoad said:

Looking at it realistically, I don't know why a vendor would take the risk of unsatisfied customers and complaints.

That's the main issue. As a customer the more choices the better. I have nothing against the product being offered. Looking at it from a vendor's point of view it's a recipe for unhappy customers--whether their unhappiness is justified or not. 

3 minutes ago, havanaclub said:

Crazy to me that PLPC was not well received. But that explains the wide mouth cigar trend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I think the price being low $200s at the time everyone assumed it was a box of Robustos.

2 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

The fact that the mystery box deal has been offered by that particular vendor far less often lately might be an indication of the hassle it ends up being. 

It's once a year and always has been. In 2019, they offered two price tiers but at the same time. In 2020 it was the PLPC which sold out in a few hours. This year, even with the number of complaints from the previous year (which I agree with the others are ridiculous) and the botched initial release, they sold out 300 boxes within 10 minutes. So I would say the Mystery Box idea has only become more popular, not less.

1 hour ago, havanaclub said:

What were they?

I'm not sure if Heels82 and I are talking about the same, but the other vendor who I mentioned previously with their first attempt at a Mystery Box this year had the following:

• Top tier ($284) - 2010 Montecristo Open Juniors (20) and Oliva Master Blends 3 (20)
  • Middle tier ($229) - Romeo No. 3 Tubos (25) and AJ Fernandez New World Gobernador (21)
  • Bottom tier ($104) - Quitero Panetelas (25) and Condega Serie F Mini Titanes (10)
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, NSXCIGAR said:

That's the main issue. As a customer the more choices the better. I have nothing against the product being offered. Looking at it from a vendor's point of view it's a recipe for unhappy customers--whether their unhappiness is justified or not. 

I wouldn’t touch it if I were a vendor, it’s practically a no win situation. Anyone on reddit during the recent BBF mystery box offering witnessed the website sell out of them in minutes, and those who were left out spent the next 8 hrs crying like a bunch of teenage girls. It was embarrassing to watch.

• Like 1

The problem with everyone here is, you're expecting cigars in your mystery box. If it truly is a mystery box, then there could be anything inside!!

A ladies size 6 designer gumboot (left boot only), three broken bottles body wash/shampoo, a few spark plugs, a knock off Gucci bag, a size 5 knock off Prada sports shoe (right one only), Ken's toe nail clippings, a fake leather jacket with fur liner, a couple cans of beer, and random black bags of something "squishy". Now that is a mystery box!!!

• Haha 1

My mystery box this year was the Christmas sampler…as I placed my purchase request without reading the contents. 

Here’s an idea. If you’re looking for the thrill of a mystery…just ask Di to send you one of the third box down from the top the second 24:24 opens. Better be prepared to drop the coin if it ends up being a Reserva.

5 hours ago, Fuzz said:

The problem with everyone here is, you're expecting cigars in your mystery box. If it truly is a mystery box, then there could be anything inside!!

A ladies size 6 designer gumboot (left boot only), three broken bottles body wash/shampoo, a few spark plugs, a knock off Gucci bag, a size 5 knock off Prada sports shoe (right one only), Ken's toe nail clippings, a fake leather jacket with fur liner, a couple cans of beer, and random black bags of something "squishy". Now that is a mystery box!!!

We're back to Schrodinger's cat again, aren't we?...