Evolution of your cigar journey

From where you started in your cigar journey, where are you today?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Started out smoking cigars around 2007/2008 at Cbid (if you know, then you know lol)…first humi was 5 Vegas 100 ct and I thought it was real neat! Smoked only NCs as I really was just beginning to understand and learn about the cigar world. Progressed through the cheapies to be strictly in the Fuente, Tatuaje, Illusione, and Liga Privada realm. Went through all the initial Tatuaje craze ((East/West, Porkchop, OG Black jars, T110s, Franks/Boris etc etc.). Had the occasional Cuban, or maybe not, who knows what cigars were in some of those ‘trades’….but my palate grew tired of the pepper and lingering morning aftertaste I would frequently get, so a little over 10+ years ago I pretty much dumped my entire stock of NCs and bought/smoked strictly Cubans. Haven’t looked back since. No regrets. 

• Like 4

I voted totally changed, because I started out casually smoking maybe once a month. Over the last 15 years of buying and smoking Habanos, I’ve been trying everything and buying/smoking much more than those early days in college. So my ‘collection’ is much larger and diverse than it was at that time, in that regard it’s totally changed.

But I would say ‘Ever evolving’ is more what it’s actually like in my case. I have some staple cigars that I’ve always loved and always have multiple boxes of. And the others, I’m still constantly exploring and buying wildly different stuff. There’s periods I smoke much of what I started out with and periods where I don’t. 

• Like 4