Nudies/Desnudo Released

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

20-30?  Thereabouts.  It is a moving beast.  With the 2019 versions, We started by smoking a Partagas Connie 1 & 3. that was our target.  2021 Nudies are largely based on  Montecris

I respectfully disagree. It is not an EU country. That clarifies the tax issue for European members.  It is a well known center from where cigars are shipped. These are not Cuban cigars and

Just got mine yesterday.

Just now, AusDyer said:

I'm new to this Nudies line. I can't find a single piece of info anywhere about what tobaccos are in them? Are they Cuban custom blends or what?

Use the search engine.  Watch the vid. 

Plenty of information on the forum. :ok:

Just now, AusDyer said:

I'm trying to find any info about the blend but I can't. Checking the video it seems to suggest they're non-Cuban, largely Nicaraguan? But it's vague. Any chance of just an answer on that question? Or an appropriate link?

Not Cuban. Not Cuban. Not Cuban  

Blend is a mix of tobacco including Nic.  It took a year to get it right. I would like to to keep the blend specifics to ourselves for as long as possible. :cigar:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Chas.Alpha said:

My understanding is that all of the tobacco was grown on the Vegas Ayala plantation in the Western regions of Hamletville, just South of Brisbane but North of Managua. That’s what I found on a Google search...

Hope this helps!

And watered with virgin llama tears? Sweet!

• Like 1

Absolutely amazing interview id love to see more of these kind of interviews, kinda a peak behind the curtain, talking about the production side and business of cigar making 

i think the myth about NC not aging well comes from people just being ignorant, the higher end NC cigars are aged before they are even sold example both padron and aj Fernandez have up to 10 years on a few of them before they even are sold

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nevrknow said:

And watered with virgin llama tears? Sweet!

Prez said he wanted to keep the blend a secret. Way to be... 🙄

2 hours ago, prshah25 said:

Prez, Any chance of 5 packs for the Lanceros?

None at this time. 

if any remain post the 10th, maybe something can be arranged. it doesn't look likely. :thinking:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, juri said:

i think the myth about NC not aging well comes from people just being ignorant, the higher end NC cigars are aged before they are even sold example both padron and aj Fernandez have up to 10 years on a few of them before they even are sold

That is sort of the point.  Non-Cubans are aged much further in the first place.  That makes the benefit of additional age unnecessary.  In most cases, non-cubans are released near the top of their experience, age wise.   In my experience, Cubans are the king of aging.  Non-cubans I've had mixed results.  Only on a few occasions have I thought 5+ years of age a non-cuban was better then it is fresh.  Meanwhile, 95% of cubans aged 5 years are significantly better then fresh for me.  As always, to each their own.

Never had a nudie (2 bundles on the way), so no clue how these will age.  So my comments have nothing to do with these.

• Like 1

Ordered a bundle of N1 Ebony and Ivory. Looking forward to getting these. They are looking good. 

• Like 1

I’m in for the Maduro Lanceros. The video was great and really sold me on the Maduro wrapper. Trying to control myself from buying the N1 E&I. Probably a losing battle, haha. 

Thanks to Rob and Hamlet for putting this together again. Lot of work to do this; no other cigar forum would even consider such an undertaking or produce such a great offering. 👋 

6 hours ago, GaryK 54 said:

I’m in for the Maduro Lanceros. The video was great and really sold me on the Maduro wrapper. Trying to control myself from buying the N1 E&I. Probably a losing battle, haha. 

Thanks to Rob and Hamlet for putting this together again. Lot of work to do this; no other cigar forum would even consider such an undertaking or produce such a great offering. 👋 

Heck, I  was so thankful that I grabbed the N1 andN3 e&I. Best way to sample all.

2 minutes ago, Dilligaf said:

Holy cow! Am I doing something wrong or are the n1's sold out? All I see are the n3's listed in the shop.

It's not that you're doing something wrong. More accurately, you did something wrong. Rest assured though, a few Sydney members of FoH had this conversation yesterday with another friend of ours so you aren't alone.

For all those hesitating on this purchase, El Pres did say that he thought that supplies would be exhausted by sometime this week. Please keep that in mind.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JohnS said:

It's not that you're doing something wrong. More accurately, you did something wrong. Rest assured though, a few Sydney members of FoH had this conversation yesterday with another friend of ours so you aren't alone.

For all those hesitating on this purchase, El Pres did say that he thought that supplies would be exhausted by sometime this week. Please keep that in mind.

Is that a very long way of saying they're sold out?

32 minutes ago, JohnS said:

You snooze, you lose. That's what I tell the Sydney boys. Ya gotta strike while the iron is hot, hot, HOT!!