Nudies/Desnudo Released

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

20-30?  Thereabouts.  It is a moving beast.  With the 2019 versions, We started by smoking a Partagas Connie 1 & 3. that was our target.  2021 Nudies are largely based on  Montecris

I respectfully disagree. It is not an EU country. That clarifies the tax issue for European members.  It is a well known center from where cigars are shipped. These are not Cuban cigars and

Just got mine yesterday.

1 hour ago, Zaxeiler said:

Re: Storage

When I bought some of the last batch, I did (and still am) store them with my Cubans at 65%. However, I know they’re technically NC, even though they’re blended to recreate some classic Cuban flavors. @El Presidente is there a storage reco? Do you keep yours with Cuban stock too?

I stored my 2019 batch with Cubans and haven't had issues at all!

• Thanks 2

Watched the video, read all the info - ordered 3 bundles of E & I Lancero's.  I missed out on the 2019's and wasn't going to let that happen again.  I love Lancero's and really looking forward to trying the maduro's from the reviews.  I think I'll put the Colorado's away for a while before trying them from watching the video.  

As far as the aging discussion above about NC's - best cigar ever was a Padron A from 1999 that I forgot about and smoked about a year ago.  The review is buried here in FOH.  98 points all the way - only because I'm not sure what 100 points is supposed to taste like .... I've got a box of Tatuaje Black Label Petit Lancero's that I've had since 2017 - smoke one every 6 months and they're still getting better with the passage of time.

• Like 4

If any members missed out on N1s, you can always post in the Trading subforum down the line (provided you’re eligible to post there). I and I’m sure other would be open trades.

On 12/25/2021 at 3:16 PM, El Presidente said:

Very difficult given the different sizing. We could do it with box packaging but that would increase the price  due to custom box which increases weight which increases freight etc. 

Speaking of box and packaging, how will they packaged up? Curious if it'll be like the quarter box/loose cigar 24:24 style packaging or are you actually including a box of some sort? I'm pretty excited for these guys!

1 hour ago, jonahs_whale said:

Speaking of box and packaging, how will they packaged up? Curious if it'll be like the quarter box/loose cigar 24:24 style packaging or are you actually including a box of some sort? I'm pretty excited for these guys!

Only box is the shipping carton. They're called Nudies for a reason.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Edicion said:

What's a good pairing for the Carlotas? is Prosecco or Rosé a good match with the Rosados? :buddies:

they are flexible cigars. 

For me, colorado and rum/rum cocktail or a negroni goes exceptionally well. 

colorado maduro and a Proseco I throughly enjoyed on Saturday afternoon. 

• Thanks 1

Rob, I am wondering—when working toward a new blend for a specific vitola, how many versions of the recipe do you experiment with before deciding on the final version? And did you and Hamlet arrive at the same opinion about "the winning blend" without having to try to persuade the other that "this was the one"?

Thank you.

I would welcome a La Gloria based cigar.

since you are blending, how about something along the lines of a MdO 2 ?

and a Corona Gorda size with it ............:drool:

55 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

2021 Nudies are largely based on  Montecristo Especial and Especial Number 2 profiles.

This is the first time I recall seeing this. I am now even more excited.

55 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

We are working up a few blends currently. One is a Laguito Especial and we started by splitting a great 5 year old box of Fundadores.

Wow this sounds phenomenal also, can’t wait for these. Are you thinking late 2022/early 2023 for these?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, garbandz said:

I would welcome a La Gloria based cigar.

since you are blending, how about something along the lines of a MdO 2 ?

and a Corona Gorda size with it ............:drool:

Not quite that easy :D

Cocoa, sourdough/bread, butter, savoury spice, cake, shortbread, coffee.....................can do and do very well. 

Citrus, lemongrass, honey, caramel........can't do as yet. 

46 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

The plan is to have two to three releases in 2022.  

When the blend sings (regardless of what the cigar is) I would like to get  out to members. 

What I would love to do is put together a tasting table (rotating) of 6-10 members for outside input. Effectively a Nudies Zoom Blend Tasting Room.  We will do that for the next one. 

I'd be in for that. Guaranteed I get 3 of 5 wrong...😔

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, El Presidente said:

they are flexible cigars. 

For me, colorado and rum/rum cocktail or a negroni goes exceptionally well. 

colorado maduro and a Proseco I throughly enjoyed on Saturday afternoon. 

Nice, I was going to try the maduro with a hot rum & coffee

13 hours ago, RichG said:

@El Presidente @MoeFOH

Kudos on the tshirt redemption process. IMHO the email with instructions and the coupon code felt very simple, instructive and clean. You guys did a nice job with that.

Thanks for reminding me. I just searched for that and got my t shirt ordered. Super easy process. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, El Presidente said:

2021 Nudies are largely based on  Montecristo Especial and Especial Number 2 profiles. When I say "based" I mean they are the standard/flavour profile we are trying to achieve. 

Does this apply to both the N1 and N3? 

18 hours ago, El Presidente said:

We are working up a few blends currently. One is a Laguito Especial and we started by splitting a great 5 year old box of Fundadores. He has 12 and I have 12. That will be our baseline cigar. day one is we smoke them together and talk. Day 2 is the same.  eventually we have our trial blends and we smoke them alongside the Fundy (same time). back to the drawing board and do again. and again. and again. and again. and again until we both say  "I could smoke this every day". 

This sounds like a cool process. I have heard good things about the Fundadores but have not tried them yet. It will be cool to eventually try this Nudie release and a Funadie side by side.