Favorite Habanos for Winter

What do you prefer (those in the northern hemi) for the winter (xmas season) and what about the profile gives you that toasty seasonal delight that matches the cooler weather and seasonal cuisine?

I'm smoking more RASS, Partagas D4, Punch Punch but for Xmas I'm thinking a Cohiba Robusto or Esplendido.. 

Drink pairings? I'm currently sitting outside in the East Bay, CA enjoying a spiced apple cider with rye whiskey and nutmeg smoking a My Father le bijou 1922 box pressed torpedo... will migrate to Habanos this evening and tomorrow all day...

• Like 1

I forgot the Bolivar Royal Coronas, great meaty umami profile. 

Which profiles have the essential "xmas flavors" ringing through? I've noticed The Pres in his descriptions on 24:24 reference this but can't recall which nail Christmas cake/pudding....

3 hours ago, mprach024 said:

I’m not stuck outside fortunately, so for me it’s a Lusitania.  Had one the last 3 nights.  Tonight for my Xmas smoke, likely it’s gonna be a Sir Winston, but I may reach for one of my Cohibas or Fundadores.  It’s whatever sounds best when I’m staring at my cabinet for 10 minutes.

Ha.  I picked the same three for tonight.  I'm going with the SW 'cause I committed to it, but Fundie and Talisman are on deck.  Might try smoking all three at once and let the hospital know to expect an OD later.    

• Like 3

Minuto for me up in the mitten state. Was blessed with warmer temps but couldn’t make it outside until 11PM. Definitely below freezing now. 🥶

Last night was a pretty typical monte 4 that needed to acclimate to my humidor more. So got tossed with about an two inches left.
Tonight: luckily my cab of E.L. Siglo I is in a great spot. Smoking like a dream right now. 

Merry Xmas all!

• Like 4

On 12/24/2021 at 12:39 PM, el_papacito said:

What do you prefer (those in the northern hemi) for the winter (xmas season) and what about the profile gives you that toasty seasonal delight that matches the cooler weather and seasonal cuisine?

I'm smoking more RASS, Partagas D4, Punch Punch but for Xmas I'm thinking a Cohiba Robusto or Esplendido.. 

Drink pairings? I'm currently sitting outside in the East Bay, CA enjoying a spiced apple cider with rye whiskey and nutmeg smoking a My Father le bijou 1922 box pressed torpedo... will migrate to Habanos this evening and tomorrow all day...

Down here in Monterey - firepit - Punch Double Corona’s and some bourbon (EH Taylor Barrel Proof, Stagg, etc)

cheers!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, wine_junkie said:

Down here in Monterey - firepit - Punch Double Corona’s and some bourbon (EH Taylor Barrel Proof, Stagg, etc)

cheers!

Looking forward to moving there someday (hence my handle name).  Need a place I can have a cigar in the winter.  Snowing right now.  I don't even bother with cigars when it gets near freezing.

• Like 1