Is there a crackdown on smoking in multi level residences in your town/city.

27 minutes ago, williamthewolf said:

This thread really has me up in arms and pissed off at the state of things. Only getting worse. Stay strong brothers. 

Even Arnold doesn't have it that good in the real world:

"Does Maria complain often about his cigars?

"Every once in a while it comes up. We recently bought a house in Sun Valley and Maria said, 'You're certainly not going to smoke cigars up here, are you--not in all this wonderful, fresh, clean air?' I said that when we entertained, I'd certainly offer cigars after dinner. No way I'm not going to do that. But if I'm alone, I'll go outside and smoke in the Jacuzzi. Same thing at home. If we have guests, I'm going to pass cigars. But if I'm alone, I'll smoke in the Jacuzzi or while I'm playing pool. I won't smoke upstairs, near the kids' bedroom. Besides, I don't want to stink up my clothes or the bedroom.""."

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/the-world-according-to-arnold-6026

edit: guess he's officially divorced now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bijan said:

"Every once in a while it comes up. We recently bought a house in Sun Valley and Maria said, 'You're certainly not going to smoke cigars up here, are you--not in all this wonderful, fresh, clean air?' I said that when we entertained, I'd certainly offer cigars after dinner. No way I'm not going to do that. But if I'm alone, I'll go outside and smoke in the Jacuzzi. Same thing at home. If we have guests, I'm going to pass cigars. But if I'm alone, I'll smoke in the Jacuzzi or while I'm playing pool. I won't smoke upstairs, near the kids' bedroom. Besides, I don't want to stink up my clothes or the bedroom.""."

Man oh man! I feel less bad now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SCgarman said:

We moved here due to the fact my wife has a totally virtual job position with the defense contractor she is employed with. Also my mother has retired to this area from the northeast and she is getting older and her eyesight is getting worse. The brand new built house we are waiting on has taken 6 months instead of the quoted 4 months. People are moving here to the area in droves. Due to the pandemic many more work from home which allows for the freedom to leave the high taxed blue states for greener pastures. Can't say I miss Virginia. The farther from DC I am the better! In the 70's today with full sun! No more snow and cold. Cigar smoking practically all year around outdoors here! Love it

I have one brother who lives in Clemson and one in Raleigh... I would like to move back to the area in the next 4 years as we are thinking of calling it quits with work... hopefully retire.. The cost of living is definitely better there.. and We in Boise Idaho are getting overrun by Californians and when I sell I won't be able /nor want to afford to live here anymore..

My wife is from Montana and loves the mountain west so it's a tough ask to move back... we did it once in 97 and the culture shock was quite a bit for her...  

I just spent the last 45 minutes with a snowblower cleaning mine and my neighbors driveway... I would kill for nice weather to have an old fashioned and a RAS. You are living the dream my friend.... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bijan said:

edit: guess he's officially divorced now

After dinner cigars at the dining table is my favorite place to smoke.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BrightonCorgi said:

After dinner cigars at the dining table is my favorite place to smoke.

I'm definitely not criticizing those who can smoke inside. Definitely nice and avoids all issues with the weather.

I just don't appreciate Arnold bragging about being a real man who can smoke anywhere when he has to slink off outside himself.

8 hours ago, Bijan said:

I'm definitely not criticizing those who can smoke inside. Definitely nice and avoids all issues with the weather.

I just don't appreciate Arnold bragging about being a real man who can smoke anywhere when he has to slink off outside himself.

Sometimes you just have to parade your bravado.

8 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Saw Arnold and Marie in Sun Valley a few years back . He was standing beside his bicycle and Marie and the family were pulled up in a van beside him.. They wanted him to put the bike in the van and go with them... He wanted to ride his bicycle.. He looked like any other old man in this world arguing with his wife....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/29/2021 at 12:44 PM, SCgarman said:

There is nothing logical about it. 

It’s perfectly logical, but only when it’s applied logically. Any true maxim can be taken too far. 

11 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

I guess I’m not a real Arnold man since I’ll admit I respect my wife and her desire to keep the house from smelling like a cigar lounge. I’m ok with that. Life’s pretty good in the V house. 😁

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Saw Arnold and Marie in Sun Valley a few years back . He was standing beside his bicycle and Marie and the family were pulled up in a van beside him.. They wanted him to put the bike in the van and go with them... He wanted to ride his bicycle.. He looked like any other old man in this world arguing with his wife....

I heard stories of when Lance Armstrong would fly home to Austin with his family.  His family drive home and he'd ride his bike from the airport.

• Like 1