is FOH generally Left, Centrist or Right leaning in it's discourse?

Left centrist or right   

278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, havanaclub said:

Oh, I haven’t seen that. I am using Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m still trying to get @MoeFOH to give me a purple monkey. So far, no luck! 🤣

• Haha 1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw it as FOH the organization (Mods / Leadership) are centrist in practice as everyone in a business should be (in my humble opinion) . We the unwashed masses who have the privilege of being member

I always have a chuckle  how a % of  US members can only look at a question through star spangled glasses. You do know there are 191 other  countries 

We will have to fact check this one. Hard to see how so many "countries" can fit on a flat earth. Especially suspicious of you blokes "down under."

Most if not all cigar forums are to the right.  As someone just left of Center, I just hope that politics never come up.  For sure the general discourse is to the right.  But it may just be my view as someone who is seeing it from the slight left. 

And I've seen the general right talk at all levels here.

Though having said that, I love to light up a cigar and have a great time with anyone, including the hard right,  who respects other viewpoints.

• Like 3

I’m still trying to get [mention=29515]MoeFOH[/mention] to give me a purple monkey. So far, no luck!
That sounds like an euphemism

Sent by spooky action at a distance

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Notsocleaver said:

How can we know the latest Gurka 8x80 Fleur de Bite d'âne won't be any good unless you try it? See, its also a little anti-capitalist too. 

Experience. Lots of experience. 

I have a solid understanding of the fundamentals of how an NC blend is made, so I know that inherently anything above a 54 ring gauge becomes extremely unlikely to be good.

Add to that I spend most of my year smoking new releases, I can get a sense of something without smoking it. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I always have a chuckle  how a % of  US members can only look at a question through star spangled glasses.

You do know there are 191 other  countries :D

No doubt, one of the great attributes of FOH is that it provides needed perspective outside the US echo chamber. 🙌

17 hours ago, MrBirdman said:

As an American who has to battle the media’s daily efforts to infantilize us into the “political side-ification” of everything

Ever since 2000, it feels like Geraldo Rivera has taken control of the media and politics in the US.  The past 20 years have been quite the beat down 🤮

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, BEVOSREVENGE said:

Ever since 2000, it feels like Geraldo Rivera has taken control of the media and politics in the US.  The past 20 years have been quite the beat down 🤮

Yes, I think 9/11 was the turning point.

1 hour ago, 99call said:

Hmmm, I will not comment for America

But in the UK, It's the Left that are now pushing the importance of old world values, honesty, decency, etc.   All the conservative brand in the UK is known for is lies, theft from the public purse,  and corruption. 

Again,  it's just a comment on the UK,  but conservatives can no longer sell themselves as 'Mr Respectable', when they are constantly up to their necks in muck.  These days have past......if they ever existed in the first place. 

With you 100%, never been a Tory voter but I do not understand what abyone could see in this bunch.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TBird55 said:

It's all about perspective...a hero is just a villain to the other side.

I think that can be true to a limited degree, but when a politician breaks the basic law of the land,  laws that both the left and right have written into stone.    There is no debating......they are a villain.       Everything after that people are just telling themselves what makes them feel comfortable. 

• Like 2

Crass on the left, Skrewdriver on the right.
Crass were anarchists, saw themselves as outside political labels. The antithesis of Skrewdriver must be The Redskins...

And I saw this in a record shop today and, because of this thread, I had to get it. I blame @Bijan.

b7fbfa5d36e8aacf4c858b8046ac3941.jpg
  • Like 4

As a theoretical construct taken outside of the newly established worldwide social and political norms of left and right, you would have to assume cigar smokers are generally older, whiter, and more conservative than the general populations of the countries they all live in. 

1 hour ago, Deezwho said:

As a theoretical construct taken outside of the newly established worldwide social and political norms of left and right, you would have to assume cigar smokers are generally older, whiter, and more conservative than the general populations of the countries they all live in. 

Don't worry, my yellow brothers and sisters will soon overtake the pasty old white folk. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/30/2021 at 5:08 PM, El Presidente said:

However, no tossers or wankers 

If your immediate thought was “Well, then you’d have to get rid of the xxxxxxxx part of the left/right/center/Martian,” you may be a tosser or wanker.

13 hours ago, Akela3rd said:

Crass were anarchists, saw themselves as outside political labels. The antithesis of Skrewdriver must be The Redskins...

And I saw this in a record shop today and, because of this thread, I had to get it. I blame @Bijan.

b7fbfa5d36e8aacf4c858b8046ac3941.jpg

The Redskins motto was “walk like the Clash, sing like Diana Ross”. My god around 84/5 they almost did!