is FOH generally Left, Centrist or Right leaning in it's discourse?

Left centrist or right   

278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw it as FOH the organization (Mods / Leadership) are centrist in practice as everyone in a business should be (in my humble opinion) . We the unwashed masses who have the privilege of being member

I always have a chuckle  how a % of  US members can only look at a question through star spangled glasses. You do know there are 191 other  countries 

We will have to fact check this one. Hard to see how so many "countries" can fit on a flat earth. Especially suspicious of you blokes "down under."

On 1/1/2022 at 2:55 AM, MrBirdman said:

Yes, I think 9/11 was the turning point.

Facebook into the mainstream…

22 hours ago, dominattorney said:

We will have to fact check this one. Hard to see how so many "countries" can fit on a flat earth. Especially suspicious of you blokes "down under."

Pretty sure this is fake news. The only countries are Europe, Mexico, Asia, China, Africa, N. Korea, Vietnam, Canada, Cuba, and the ones from WWII: Japan, Germany, England, Russia and there may be another one called Ireland with leprechauns…

• Haha 1

this board sits in the middle of my highly left leaning music board and even further right leaning fishing board. 

it does a good job in the balance. 

but yes, it is still a right leaning board. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

this board sits in the middle of my highly left leaning music board and even further right leaning fishing board. 

it does a good job in the balance. 

but yes, it is still a right leaning board. 

Well i guess most people are right handed.😉

15 hours ago, Webbo said:

As a young man in 1984 starting my first job in Sheffield in the middle of the miners strike its impossible that this event would not colour my political and social views for the rest of my lifetime (for non UK members its difficult to explain just how important this event was in the shaping of this country). On my nervous first work day at 18 as a lab technician (I could not afford university and had to study after work for the next 8 bloody years) a slightly older surly guy asked in passing who was my favourite singer/group? "Springsteen" I replied and off he walked without comment, and the next day he brought in the first 2 Billy Bragg albums dropped them in front of me with the curt instruction "get these listened to, this bloke likes Bruce and Bob Dylan too" and walked off. Bragg was a few weeks later on a tour supporting the striking miners, the guy to my surprise then bought us both tickets and off we went. It was the start of a relationship with both men that continues to this day.

In 2019 just before the pandemic locked everything down Billy Bragg played the same small Sheffield venue as in 84 and after 35 years I repaid the favour by buying tickets for me and this guy to attend, we had become the closest of friends and had stayed in touch despite often living and working in different companies and indeed countries, our friendship had survived. The same old songs about politics performed that night could have been written the day before, as we left my mate turned to me with a tear in his eye and said "well not much has changed in the last 35 years has it mate". I am equally happy and sad that this was very true.

Footnote: If you have never heard Billy Bragg or have been put off by his left wing stance give him a go with the early songs about unrequited love, family and life. Tank Park Salute may be the most touching song ever about the loss of a father.

webbo, i moved across to the UK in Sept 85 to study and was often directed to billy bragg. was not quite necessary as he had made an impression downunder in a small way. i never got really into him but undoubtedly he is very much worth a listen. 

the other guy who was often compared to dylan at the time was rodriguez, though apparently not so much in the States. i remember being truly staggered when talking to americans and they had no idea who he was (especially as he was an american). brilliant guy. some amazing songs. 

if anyone still has no idea, try this - but first, one of the great music (or anything) docos, 'Searching for Sugarman'. incredible story. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

webbo, i moved across to the UK in Sept 85 to study and was often directed to billy bragg. was not quite necessary as he had made an impression downunder in a small way. i never got really into him but undoubtedly he is very much worth a listen. 

the other guy who was often compared to dylan at the time was rodriguez, though apparently not so much in the States. i remember being truly staggered when talking to americans and they had no idea who he was (especially as he was an american). brilliant guy. some amazing songs. 

if anyone still has no idea, try this - but first, one of the great music (or anything) docos, 'Searching for Sugarman'. incredible story. 

Love Rodriguez. Truly amazing documentary/movie made by the late Malik Bendjelloul. Other works he did with the TV show Kobra are also outstanding. 

7 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

I have never heard of him before  Ken, going to delve into his work today. Thanks