Pure B***shit: Novak Djokovic granted medical exemption to play at Australian Open

9 minutes ago, porkchop said:

That’s not true…others have gotten in on an exemption. (right?)

Did he qualify for the exemption? That’s another question. 

i believe a couple have - there are some exemptions which we have detailed and discussed - though i believe that a couple of those who did get in are being checked to make certain it was legit. what we do agree on, i think, is that it should be consistent. if others got in fairly on what ND claimed then i would believe he should get in. 

• Like 2

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.theshovel.com.au/2022/01/05/independent-panels-novak-djokovic-incredibly-rich/?fbclid=IwAR19lO8-O-BSYdqun0mUzX0ENzaEmxOlF1I01sPF2Isz757uYScJrTgp-xE Independent panels conclude that No

IMG_9356.MP4  

So some Aussies haven't been able to come home from overseas for 18 months due to vaccine hoops you need to jump through.  But wait.   Novak Djokovic granted medical exemption to play a

2 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

not really sure that the point does stand. had he got vaccinated in either june 2020 (if it were possible) or june 2021, then we would not be having this debate. he would be vaxxed and allowed to enter. 

it is obvious that you and other anti-vaxxers will never be convinced by science but take your natural immunity and sit on a pyramid and chant kumbaya or whatever but we have done the vaccination debate to death. your assertions have been refuted time and time again. and by the way, that evil science suggests that natural immunity may lose its effectiveness after three months. so it is sheer ignorance to think it should be the be all and end all when it was 19 months since he had covid. 

but as rob says and as i have said and others have said, the australian regulations, of which ND was fully aware, made it absolutely clear that so-called natural immunity was not sufficient for exemption and that everyone needs to be double vaxxed (yes, that pesky science just keeps getting in the way). being a whackadoodle doesn't remove that obligation. 

So believing an indisputable fact (natural immunity is a real thing) means I’m antivax? Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. You’re not brainwashed at all.

1 minute ago, Zaphod42 said:

So believing an indisputable fact (natural immunity is a real thing) means I’m antivax? Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. You’re not brainwashed at all.

you could actually try reading what i wrote but then that would spoil the narrative, wouldn't it. where did i question the existence of natural immunity? please, let us know. in fact, i acknowledged it. i did point out that the science (sorry, forgot, science is apparently rubbish) suggests it may fade after 3 months. or do you know more than the scientists? certainly seems you think you do. 

where did i say believing in natural immunity made you an anti-vaxxer? more than enough in your posts to come to that conclusion long before we got to the natural immunity issue. 

we'll leave aside the nonsense about getting vaxxed before they were even in existence. also the drivel about the fact that if he was vaxxed then this wouldn't be an issue, which you seem to have missed.

"Australia, and other countries, keeping spouting off about “FoLlOwInG tHe ScIenCe” but ignore natural immunity in favor of a vaccination that doesn’t prevent catching or transmitting the virus, and whose makers are free from repercussions if something goes wrong." i would think that is more than enough to paint you as a science-denying anti-vaxxer. but please tell me i am wrong. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

you could actually try reading what i wrote but then that would spoil the narrative, wouldn't it. where did i question the existence of natural immunity? please, let us know. in fact, i acknowledged it. i did point out that the science (sorry, forgot, science is apparently rubbish) suggests it may fade after 3 months. or do you know more than the scientists? certainly seems you think you do. 

where did i say believing in natural immunity made you an anti-vaxxer? more than enough in your posts to come to that conclusion long before we got to the natural immunity issue. 

we'll leave aside the nonsense about getting vaxxed before they were even in existence. also the drivel about the fact that if he was vaxxed then this wouldn't be an issue, which you seem to have missed.

"Australia, and other countries, keeping spouting off about “FoLlOwInG tHe ScIenCe” but ignore natural immunity in favor of a vaccination that doesn’t prevent catching or transmitting the virus, and whose makers are free from repercussions if something goes wrong." i would think that is more than enough to paint you as a science-denying anti-vaxxer. but please tell me i am wrong. 

Dude, you literally called me an anti-vaxxer:

it is obvious that you and other anti-vaxxers will never be convinced by science but take your natural immunity and sit on a pyramid and chant kumbaya or whatever but we have done the vaccination debate to death.

Thinking that a young, healthy man, with no symptoms, who has previously recovered from a virus shouldn’t need two doses of a vaccine (that isn’t even fully approved here) in order to play a game outside shouldn’t be an considered an extreme opinion. 

• Thanks 1

I fear we will never be consistent in a global response to Covid 19 with these nonsense decisions

... or do I hear a submarine splashing spat tit for tat ... :-)

ND.png.d710b5e3b32adbb177f3b91d31de7ad9.png

Djokovic could play in French Open: French sports minister

Issued on: 07/01/2022 - 12:48Modified: 07/01/2022 - 12:47

World number one Novak Djokovic would be allowed to play in the French Open even without being vaccinated MARTIN BUREAU AFP
1 min

Paris (AFP) – Tennis world number one Novak Djokovic would be granted entry to France for the French Open even if he was unvaccinated against Covid-19, the sports minister said on Friday.
The 34-year-old Serb is in an immigration detention hotel in Melbourne while he appeals against his visa being dramatically revoked for failing to meet the tough Covid-19 restrictions in Australia, leaving his hopes of playing in the Australian Open in the balance.

Those granted permission to enter Australia must prove they are fully vaccinated or have a doctor's medical exemption, with authorities saying he provided evidence of neither.

French Sports Minister Roxana Maracineanu told radio station France Info that Djokovic, who has openly been sceptical about the vaccine, would benefit from a special case scenario in France for major events such as the French Open.

Djokovic had travelled to Australia having been given a medical exemption by the Australian Open organisers but it fell short of the demands of the immigration authorities.

"There are health protocols imposed for major events by the relevant federations which would permit someone like Novak Djokovic to enter the country," Maracineanu said.

"In France today we do not have the same regulations as Australia for entry to the country, either for athletes or any citizens from other countries.

"An athlete who is unvaccinated can compete in an event because the protocol, the health bubble for these major events, permits that."

Maracineanu added that she hoped the situation would be clearer by May, when the French Open is scheduled to get underway.

"We hope there will be no need for such measures by then." 

image.gif

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ha_banos said:

There is evidence that vaccination after injection is the best protection https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/do-i-need-a-covid-vaccine-if-ive-had-covid

No idea how much weight people will want to put on these stats. But hey.

This is interesting:

"we also found that the protection from a previous COVID-19 infection didn’t wane, up to 450 days after the infection, independent of whether the person was vaccinated or not. "

10 hours ago, ha_banos said:

There is evidence that vaccination after infection is the best protection https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/do-i-need-a-covid-vaccine-if-ive-had-covid

No idea how much weight people will want to put on these stats. But hey.

Screenshot_20220107-200100.png

Our pregnant friend caught Covid at a wedding on the Saturday, went and got a booster on the Monday, then started getting symptoms Tuesday. Keeping that vital load high!

I'm not shocked at all. What? Restrictions are for the peasants, not for the rich, famous and powerful. Dare ask questions and you'll get labeled and destroyed if not arrested. Aussies need to be careful what they post online does not go against the narrative or face arrest. 

Funny how "follow the science" yet the leadership tries so hard to silence using people who have never no experience in the field and destroy the top scientists in the field. 

This is one of the better listens I put the time in a took in the whole thing and agree. Why can we not question anything that does not make sense?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2