Pure B***shit: Novak Djokovic granted medical exemption to play at Australian Open

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.theshovel.com.au/2022/01/05/independent-panels-novak-djokovic-incredibly-rich/?fbclid=IwAR19lO8-O-BSYdqun0mUzX0ENzaEmxOlF1I01sPF2Isz757uYScJrTgp-xE Independent panels conclude that No

IMG_9356.MP4  

So some Aussies haven't been able to come home from overseas for 18 months due to vaccine hoops you need to jump through.  But wait.   Novak Djokovic granted medical exemption to play a

Just now, inter4alia said:

I'll admit I don't know all the ins and outs of this situation but it looks to me like the jeers should be directed against most of Australia's politicians more than anyone else. 

....but we do that already....so no fun at all :D

• Like 1

As I stated earlier in this thread, I am not a fan of him. That said, my understanding is that in the “rule book” the government made and the boarder should follow it says a recent case of Covid is grounds for a medical exemption. I’m not sure of it, but also heard that the severity of the case may have some bearing on if it would qualify for an exemption. If that is true, it now becomes subjective, not black and white. 

The simple thing would have had it as double vexed or no entry. Another example of government incompetence. 

From what I can tell the rule was double vaxxed or not physically capable of getting vaxxed due to an allergy, etc. Then the state that was hosting the event decided to add previous infection as an exemption while it might not have been added at the federal level.

2 minutes ago, Bijan said:

From what I can tell the rule was double vaxxed or not physically capable of getting vaxxed due to an allergy, etc. Then the state that was hosting the event decided to add previous infection as an exemption while it might not have been added at the federal level.

From the CBC story I read it was the Australian Medical Authority that said before all this happened that if you had Covid in the last six months they could receive a temporary exemption to the vaccine rule. Not sure who the Australian Medical authority is in the scene of things. Again “could” is not black and white. It should ever be will or can’t. 

1 hour ago, LLC said:

From the CBC story I read it was the Australian Medical Authority that said before all this happened that if you had Covid in the last six months they could receive a temporary exemption to the vaccine rule. Not sure who the Australian Medical authority is in the scene of things. Again “could” is not black and white. It should ever be will or can’t. 

Tennis Australia  sets up a bogus "approval" system backed by the Victorian State Government. Both TA and Victorian State Government are the prime beneficiaries of the Australian Open. 

Neither can issue a Visa. 

Tennis Australia  ignores a letter sent by the Heath Minister in November explicitly stating that having covid  within the past 6 months would not be considered a reason for medical exemption. 

Tennis Australia tells the Tennis players to come on down hoping they will slip through the net.

It goes public. Public blows up. 

ND caught up.  TA waves its hands and says it was all too complicated. 

Judge says ND only did what he was asked. No problem with the ruling. 

TA get's it's player but now would have most of the country hating it's guts.  Sponsors already inundated with hate mail. 

Nice work  TA:clap:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 99call said:

I'm imagining this is going to be the Novak vibes on his first match. 

Or at least how he will imagine himself in his own vacuous melon 

maybe, but what until he gets to the US Open. 

he'll be considered a hero among men. 

6 minutes ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

maybe, but what until he gets to the US Open. 

he'll be considered a hero among men. 

The old conundrum... would you prefer being acknowledge by the people you respect or idolized by people you don't care about... I've chosen for myself a while ago 😂

Just now, Ken Gargett said:

and i am not allowed to post!! now that is genuine injustice. 

Was it this or the other thread that you have been turfed?

Can't recall. Let's make it both.  ;)

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, CaptainQuintero said:

Twist number....? This will be a good tv mini series one day.

BBC News - Novak Djokovic: Up to tennis star to explain PCR grey area, says Serbia PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59958662

So faked a test or knowingly went out whilst positive to pose with children? 

This is going to run and run :lol:

It gets weirder.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis/australian-open/experts-suggest-novak-djokovics-positive-covid19-test-was-manipulated/news-story/a0c25d0babc10f347bbab1668034b347

No-vax may be here in Aus a lot longer than just the Australia Open. If convicted of lying on the immigration form, there is a 12 month jail period... :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

.......does that include tobacco declarations :lookaround:

That's a Customs Declaration. Different punishment, it is just a fine... unless you don't pay the fine. Then you are looking at a prison sentence.