Montreal Sunwing omicron party to Cancun

34 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

30 of them now have covid. they are whinging about how they get home and who pays for their hotels. 

you just have to love karma. 

In their defense, it was supposed to be free. 

Apparently some have already come back.  😐 

They managed to take a flight back home: https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1852000/party-sunwing-air-transat-refuse-embarquement

Link is in French. A translated excerpt below. 

"The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), which obtained the list of passengers who celebrated on December 30 on a Sunwing Airlines charter flight between Montreal and Cancun, Mexico, is waiting for the return of the travelers in question.

A welcome committee was formed at Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport to welcome some of them, who may have travelled on Wednesday on Air Canada Flight AC927, even though the airline announced earlier in the day that partygoers would not be welcome on its aircraft."

• Thanks 2

I assume (maybe wrongfully) that any of these influencers knowingly breaking laws, filming themselves and posting the videos for eveyone to see are aware of the potential consequences of the gamble they were making, but went ahead regardless for the shock value. As such, I could see why it could be perceived that these influencers exhibited poor judgement. I am sure that young future pilot will likely struggle getting a job with responsibilities as employers do research candidates on the net for background details... best of luck!

On 1/6/2022 at 3:54 PM, Ken Gargett said:

why does that make a difference? does that allow them to act like morons, ignore the rules and then flaunt it? 

granted that as reality tv 'stars' (if that isn't an oxymoron) and influencers the level of intelligence involved was always going to be minimal, but this is yet another example of idiots who think that they are above and beyond the rules that apply to everyone else. they put everyone else on the flight at risk, plus staff, and they couldn't care less. not only that, they flaunted it. i hope it all costs them a bomb. 

and i hope the canadian authorities do fine them when they crawl home.

karma indeed! 

Was meant in jest. Like, making fun of the silly young lady as she cries into her Margharita that it's not fair she has to pay for her hotel now that she stupidly got covid by flying to Mexico and sharing a vodka bottle with folks on a plane. It was supposed to be free. Whah. Free from financial obligations as well as social responsibility. Whah

21 hours ago, Jeanff said:

I assume (maybe wrongfully) that any of these influencers knowingly breaking laws, filming themselves and posting the videos for eveyone to see are aware of the potential consequences of the gamble they were making, but went ahead regardless for the shock value. As such, I could see why it could be perceived that these influencers exhibited poor judgement. I am sure that young future pilot will likely struggle getting a job with responsibilities as employers do research candidates on the net for background details... best of luck!

I would have to say, I bet your assumption is incorrect. The level of stupidity on display by the average insta person is shocking. You can describe it only by relating it to the intellect of a rock or other inanimate object. 

4 hours ago, dominattorney said:

I would have to say, I bet your assumption is incorrect. The level of stupidity on display by the average insta person is shocking. You can describe it only by relating it to the intellect of a rock or other inanimate object. 

I'll allow it 😂

5 hours ago, dominattorney said:

Was meant in jest. Like, making fun of the silly young lady as she cries into her Margharita that it's not fair she has to pay for her hotel now that she stupidly got covid by flying to Mexico and sharing a vodka bottle with folks on a plane. It was supposed to be free. Whah. Free from financial obligations as well as social responsibility. Whah

apols. one does occasionally lose tone in written posts. 

I'm still in the running for the stupidest post of 2022. Haven't quite got there yet...😳