Rats in your neighbourhood

I am referring to Rapid Antigen Tests :D

We have run out in our state. 

In 30 days our head honchos have gone from:

• Must get a PCR Test if you are unwell or designated a close contact. RATs are not recommended 

To

•  There are a few delays. Be patient and line up for 4 hours. It will get better soon. 

To

• Don't line up. If you are sick, stay home. F**k testing. If you can't breath call an ambulance. 

To

• Stop bothering us.  Stop lining up for a PCR test you plebs. Use a RAT test instead. OK there are none available but blame the other side of politics. 

It is pandemonium here as RAT tests are the hottest item in town. :D

Same in your neck of the woods?

• Haha 3

RATs have become the latest workplace essential here, our office manager has somehow been successful ordering them to keep 4 or 5 on hand. Of course these aren’t accepted for travel, so if you’re a local here who tests positive with a RAT and now need to verify with a PCR, good luck lining up with all the tourists for hours...and hours. 

11 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I am referring to Rapid Antigen Tests :D

We have run out in our state. 

In 30 days our head honchos have gone from:

• Must get a PCR Test if you are unwell or designated a close contact. RATs are not recommended 

To

•  There are a few delays. Be patient and line up for 4 hours. It will get better soon. 

To

• Don't line up. If you are sick, stay home. F**k testing. If you can't breath call an ambulance. 

To

• Stop bothering us.  Stop lining up for a PCR test you plebs. Use a RAT test instead. OK there are none available but blame the other side of politics. 

It is pandemonium here as RAT tests are the hottest item in town. :D

Sounds like the beginning of covid here in the States

• Like 1

antigen covid negative tests (while carrying the virus) are so common. 

they often don't show a positive until you have had multiple days of symptoms. 

essentially - useless. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, El Presidente said:

We in the Independant Republic of West McGowan dont have such issues. 1 because we havnt yet been smashed with the Rona... but two because RATs are banned in this state 😂

13 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I will be elderly before I see any :D

...let's face it, Ken has looked 75 since he was 40. 

oh pot kettle!!! 

bizarrely, apparently all of northern nsw has one location selling the things. just one for 100s of kilometres. it is the BP servo across the road - no, i have no idea why either - but they are usually sold out. we got some before they got really popular. but fat chance now. 

1 hour ago, LordAnubis said:

We in the Independant Republic of West McGowan dont have such issues. 1 because we havnt yet been smashed with the Rona... but two because RATs are banned in this state 😂

I have heard there are plans for all the miners to get together at the borders of NT and SA, dig a big trench and fill it with explosives, so WA can finally break free from the rest of Australia. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I have never taken a COVID test of any kind.  Meanwhile I know certain friends of my wife that take multiple tests at every sniffle.  I don’t even look for them because I know they aren’t available even if I was curious.

Businesses can get them for free here. But they are hard to find if you want to buy one as an individual. There's one pharamacy here that has a steady supply at $20 each. All the places with lower prices are perpetualy sold out. I think they were $12 at costco.

3 hours ago, Chas.Alpha said:

I’ve resigned myself to the inevitable conclusion that every man, woman and child on the planet will contract this. I’m not going to bother testing. As I told my crew, if you feel like caca, don’t come in. 

Hello amigo, been meaning to acknowledge your offer on the Ayala cigars. Thank you very much.

If I cannot get some, I will take you up on your offer, but will trade you some of the earlier version if you have not tried them. Thanks for the kind offering!

-Ray

• Like 1

oh pot kettle!!! 
bizarrely, apparently all of northern nsw has one location selling the things. just one for 100s of kilometres. it is the BP servo across the road - no, i have no idea why either - but they are usually sold out. we got some before they got really popular. but fat chance now. 
They got them from a friend's brother-in-law that works at the factory.

Sent by spooky action at a distance

To be honest, this whole testing thing is totally foreign to me.  I have only tested when I was required to do so, and the idea that people whom are healthy and/or not ill enough to have to go the hospital are voluntarily testing is kind of absurd.  If you have a mild cold and it is Covid, regardless if you know or not, the treatment is exactly the same, so what's the point?  The only reason to test for a medical issue is if the treatment is different if you know have the disease.  

Wide spread testing is just yet another thing that we are doing do to mass hysteria that has no real scientific use now that it is endemic.  I am sure in a couple months the CDC will finally admit this, and yet another piece of "misinformation" will suddenly become fact.  

For all intents and purposes, where I live and shop, this pandemic is over.  By and large, everyone is back to normal and has been for a few months now.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kitchen said:

To be honest, this whole testing thing is totally foreign to me.  I have only tested when I was required to do so, and the idea that people whom are healthy and/or not ill enough to have to go the hospital are voluntarily testing is kind of absurd.  If you have a mild cold and it is Covid, regardless if you know or not, the treatment is exactly the same, so what's the point?  The only reason to test for a medical issue is if the treatment is different if you know have the disease.  

Wide spread testing is just yet another thing that we are doing do to mass hysteria that has no real scientific use now that it is endemic.  I am sure in a couple months the CDC will finally admit this, and yet another piece of "misinformation" will suddenly become fact.  

For all intents and purposes, where I live and shop, this pandemic is over.  By and large, everyone is back to normal and has been for a few months now.  

We test as we regularly visit elderly relatives who would more than likely croak it if we passed it on. Tests are free here, it's zero effort to swab before setting off to visit them

• Like 2

On 1/16/2022 at 5:28 PM, CaptainQuintero said:

We test as we regularly visit elderly relatives who would more than likely croak it if we passed it on. Tests are free here, it's zero effort to swab before setting off to visit them

Yes, of course, that all makes sense, for sure.  

I, along with many others, do not have those concerns.  

However even though I am pretty sure I have Omicron right now (boy does my body feel tired), I have no plans on leaving the house this week and that especially includes standing in line outside in sub-freezing temps to get tested.  Although I do have to smoke pork bellies for 8 hours sometime this week.