New Humidor

Lfhard

14 hours ago, MattxG said:

Very nice!  I'm excited to see how your project turns out! About how much do you think the project will end up costing you?

Thank you, it’s fun to just have a reason to build something. It will probably cost around $3k give or take a couple hundred. The two big ticket items was the cooling and humidifying kit from Bob, and the Spanish cedar. 

On 1/14/2022 at 6:43 PM, Lfhard said:

Thank you, it’s fun to just have a reason to build something. It will probably cost around $3k give or take a couple hundred. The two big ticket items was the cooling and humidifying kit from Bob, and the Spanish cedar. 

I may find myself going down this route.  I can't really find my "perfect" humidor commercially available, so it seems like I'll have to build my own eventually.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks nice! Good job!

@Lfhard got a question for you. I currently own two aritocrat humidor cabinet/end table. Been using Bob’s products for over 25 years now and they are super solid. But unfortunately he decided to close shop so I can’t buy another one to match my current cabinet. You mentioned that you have been looking around for cigar cabinets, I am wondering if you can share some of the cabinet makers here with me. Although I am running out of space, but don’t mind the wait if the quality of the cabinet is good.  Thanks in advance for sharing.

1 hour ago, stephenbj said:

Looks nice! Good job!

@Lfhard got a question for you. I currently own two aritocrat humidor cabinet/end table. Been using Bob’s products for over 25 years now and they are super solid. But unfortunately he decided to close shop so I can’t buy another one to match my current cabinet. You mentioned that you have been looking around for cigar cabinets, I am wondering if you can share some of the cabinet makers here with me. Although I am running out of space, but don’t mind the wait if the quality of the cabinet is good.  Thanks in advance for sharing.

Hey no problem. I think I really one found 4 places. I found more but they were over seas and didn’t want to pay an arm and leg for shipping. 

American cigar cabinets 
https://www.amcigcab.com

This place had the best communication and were willing to insulate for me and cut a hole in the back for Bobs cooling system. This was the place I would have went with. 

Vigilant
https://vigilantinc.com/galleries/custom-humidors-gallery.php

Good communication from them as well, this place was more on the expensive side. They were still willing to make some stuff custom for me as well but was expensive to add. 

Avallo

http://www.avallohumidors.com

I sent an email back in September 2021 then again in November 2021. I still h e yet to receive a response haha. 

There was one more place I do not remember the website, the location was in like Kansas or Tennessee or something like that. The guy was very short wouldn’t answer some of my questions and made me feel like an inconvenience. So opted to not even bother. Seems like I found more options across seas. So if your wanting to pay those shipping fees that opens up more options. 

Thanks for the info!!! Very useful. I sent avallo a message still waiting for them to get back to me, maybe will call them next week to see. In terms of overseas makers, I actually don’t mind the extra shipping if it’s worth the extra money. I will check out the other sites and see if I like any of them, but thanks again for the info. Will report back if I decide on where to buy.  Have a great weekend.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@PrairieSmoke It has been fun building it, and I’m very happy with it as well. I am no professional it was kind of scary at first but once I started working on it I got enjoyment and fun out of it. My 8 year old son was also building stuff with my scrap wood. So I got enjoyment just helping him build stuff too. First time building something like this figured I had to just jump in and do it. Glad I did. Now to fill it up with more cigar boxes. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...