New Humidor

Lfhard

So after looking for a new humidor cabinet and not happy with what I’ve found either long waits, no responses, not what I'm looking for, etc. I’ve decided to build my own humidor. Im no professional but figured it would be fun and I would be able to make it the way I want without having to wait 18 months nor pay $6k for it. So here are some pics of the process so far. I used 3/4 inch red oak plywood for the frame. I bought the cooling kit from Bob at Aristocrat, so made the hole in the back for the cooling fans. I’m insulating it with 1.5” foam board. Just ordered 1/4” Spanish cedar to line the humidor, should get that by next Friday. I will post some more pics as I progress with it. 

219D0160-D13B-432A-9A08-D3D44968A0C2.jpeg

989FAD53-9DA0-4538-A54F-C9787D0C4ECC.jpeg

FDEFD490-C1A0-41A5-A33F-BB29D4967FFA.jpeg

A89A2407-1DA9-447D-A708-46AEFC32D056.jpeg

525D36C1-EB4C-4C80-A6A1-2EC5728A700A.jpeg

• Like 4

Very nice!  I'm excited to see how your project turns out! About how much do you think the project will end up costing you?

14 hours ago, MattxG said:

Very nice!  I'm excited to see how your project turns out! About how much do you think the project will end up costing you?

Thank you, it’s fun to just have a reason to build something. It will probably cost around $3k give or take a couple hundred. The two big ticket items was the cooling and humidifying kit from Bob, and the Spanish cedar. 

On 1/14/2022 at 6:43 PM, Lfhard said:

Thank you, it’s fun to just have a reason to build something. It will probably cost around $3k give or take a couple hundred. The two big ticket items was the cooling and humidifying kit from Bob, and the Spanish cedar. 

I may find myself going down this route.  I can't really find my "perfect" humidor commercially available, so it seems like I'll have to build my own eventually.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So some updated pics. It took a little over two weeks to get my Spanish cedar in. I ordered it from a local supplier. The only thing was the longest plank they had was 36” the inside of my humidor is 37” so I’ll have to cut 1” pieces for the missing space as you will see in the pic. I tried to look for just one big sheet of Spanish cedar but they wanted an arm and leg for shipping so this was the best alternative. I added the trim to the top as well. Just need to finish the Spanish cedar lining sand it all down, and clean it up. I also bought some LED lights with a door switch that will turn them on and off automatically that will need to be installed as well. Then drawers and finishing. Getting there just a timing process especially when I really only work on it on the weekends. 

6446748A-3C04-4789-9157-1EDBCC90951F.jpeg

D2E1DB6C-8FE0-4EEA-B55F-90B68A236CFC.jpeg

F0125953-EDBB-48EB-86A7-959E985B6D15.jpeg

• Like 2