Illusione Epernay....Other suggestions in the line

I'll echo several other posts and recommend the Haut 10. I tried the Toro version of this last summer and it was one of the most complex NCs I have ever tried. It opened with a smoked meat flavor, transitioned to a lighter more floral note, transitioned to cream and caramel in the second half and finished with a cream and spice note. 

I also enjoy the Holy Lance in the candela wrapper. grassy and cream most of the way through. 

I got into Illusione through the Epernay and loved the cookies and cream note I got from it, but I think the Haut 10 is next level from the Epernay and worth seeking out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you can find any H-Town lanceros still available, they are one of the 2-3 best NC cigars I've ever smoked. If you like salted roasted peanuts, you'll be in heaven. My understanding is that they are based on the Singular Phantom blend - never tried one though to confirm.

• Thanks 1

The Cigares Prive' blend in which they used Ecuadorian Habano wrapper and produced for the Premier Cigar Association trade show is the best NC I have had in quite awhile.  Their website has shown they have taken these cigars main line but only in cafe rosado corojo wrappers along with a Capa Fina' grand san andres wrapper.

I believe it is their use of Criollo and rosado corojo that make them somewhat cubanesque.  Their maduro wrapper leaf is Capa Fina' grade san andres maduro wrapper.

I am a sucker for the rosado corojo wrapped versions of their cigars, as well as the Prive' they dressed in habano for the 2020 show.  

These cigars seem to be expertly blended for complexity, instead of trying to wrip your face off with spice and whatever else the throat punchers love to create.

• Like 2