Romeo y Julieta Club King RAT ABR 20 (XNYRW6)

Decided to pull out one of the Club Kings after trying the Partagas Capitol the other day. Bought this one also just because I wanted one of the tins for no particular reason.

First third: opens with a basic light nuttiness with a touch of leather. Some mediterranean spices, cardamom and rose water emerge shortly after the first few puffs. As the third progresses, a rich tobacco note not unlike that of the Cazadores comes forward and becomes the main base of the flavor profile.

Middle third: some dark woodiness comes forward as well and joins the tobacco note to form the new primary notes on the palate. Rose water, nutmeg, and the faintest touch of red berry sweetness.

Last third: some peppery spice creeps in, as the cedar and tobacco continue chugging along with some perfume-like floral notes on the retrohale.

Overall: this one was just okay. I wasn't as impressed with this as I was the Partagas Capitol. The flavor profile was really driven by that dark woodiness and tobacco note and lacked the creamy twang that seems to differentiate the higher end cigars in the marca. 85/100

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 3