Email: Cuban Rum into the US?

Actually, the answer is yes. Shipping is mucho dinero, but yes. Might get pee in a bottle, but if you’re willin’... 😳

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

This is actually a PM that came in over the weekend. 

Paraphrasing, "are there any liquor retailers who will send Cuban rum to the US?"

let me know via PM and I will pass it on ;)

I didn’t send that, did I? I’m still working on my “Best email of 2022” submission... I wouldn’t want to tip my hand...

Yes. Won't give up the sources though!

Seen that movie too many times.....

Friends excepted.

• Like 1

The rum is nothing special, at least in my experience. But taste is subjective. Plenty of great rum from other sugar cane producing countries also. 

1 hour ago, SCgarman said:

The rum is nothing special, at least in my experience. But taste is subjective. Plenty of great rum from other sugar cane producing countries also. 

Sugar cane producing country ??? Been importing beet sugar from France. 

*Maybe you need to go by way of Spain

Absolutely!  FineDrams is a well known retailer of legit product and they have a large selection.  The owner, Jonas, is fairly active around Reddit's booze boards and easy to get ahold of.  They'll ship into any state but their prices can leave a dent:

https://www.finedrams.com/rum?country=cuba

3 hours ago, SCgarman said:

That's some advice to take to the bank.  Don't get me wrong, if you're a rum fan and haven't tried Cuban rum, you need to knock it off the list.  At this point though, in my opinion, Cuba isn't offering a particularly unique or higher quality product on this front.  Recently finished up a bottle of Havana Club 15 and that baby was dry as a bone and burned like Seagrams going down.