How bad is it in Australia?

2 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

All fine barring some supply chain issues that will work themselves out over the next month as people get back to work. 

90% of the populace now double vaxxed and hence they were comfortable to "let it rip". 

Great to hear.  We don't have those vax numbers here in the States but we too are "letting it rip" and we're still on the map.....for now 🤪

55 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

All fine barring some supply chain issues that will work themselves out over the next month as people get back to work. 

Mighty Confident. We've been saying that here for about a year now.

I'd love to share your optimism, but supply chain issues keep getting worse here, not better. I'm not sure where all the optimism is coming from? I sure hope you guys handle it better than XXXX country, but recent history and the current state of other countries don't paint a very rosy picture. 

It looks like the UK is about to drop their testing reqs. for vaccinated individuals entering the country, so that would signal they don't really care anymore either. 

Meanwhile my vaccinated and double boosted Father got it, somehow, and has been laid up for a week already. He seems to be "over the hump" today, but there where a few hairy ones over the last week. 

Im glad to see that we're final moving past some of the failed policies of the last 2 years to something hopefully more constructive. But my concern is that the "new plan" looks a lot like the old plan. And both seem to look a hell of a lot like no plan at all. 

51 minutes ago, Silverstix said:

Great to hear.  We don't have those vax numbers here in the States but we too are "letting it rip" and we're still on the map.....for now 🤪

We've been "letting it rip" since March 2020. The pretend masks and brief, partial "lockdowns" we had here where barely theatre compared to what our Australian friends had to deal with. What was it? Over 100 straight days on lockdown for Sydney?

2 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

We've been "letting it rip" since March 2020. The pretend masks and brief, partial "lockdowns" we had here where barely theatre compared to what our Australian friends had to deal with. What was it? Over 100 straight days on lockdown for Sydney?

I wanna say it was like 260 days or something crazy like that 

• Like 1

I am not against getting Vaccination, but it's interesting that all my vaccinated family and friends have had covid 1-2 times since vaccination and one is probably not going to make it past this week. My 19 year old has been vaccinated through the AIr Force and he has had covid 3 times.  

13 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Glad to hear your dad is on the mend!

Thanks! We're already discussing what to smoke once its all the way gone. 

15 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Sydney was 100 days lock down total (thereabouts). Melbourne just over 250 ( past 2 years).

We were pretty much unscathed up here with less than 21. 

Wow. I think the US may have devolved back into a loosely associated group of states if they had tried that here. 21 was around the max anyone saw here and the rules where comparatively much looser than yours. For example I never stopped/slowed down my interstate travel. I haven't left the country in almost 2 years though...........

23 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

It was clearly explained here that vaccination was essential to reducing the chance of you or your family ending up on a ventilator or worse. it wasn't sold as a silver bullet. 

I can't overstate the importance of this. Here it very quickly devolved into them either saving the world or making you impotent. There was very little room for science or fact in either side's argument. 

I genuinely hope things go smoother for you than they have here, or in many other places. Had it not been for the virus I probably would have spent about a month in down there at my companies' expense. The work still needs to happen, so hopefully Im planning a trip around the island at some point his year!

• Like 1

Specifically my state (west Australia) has been entirely unscathed. 1500 cases and 9 deaths through the whole pandemic so far. Maybe 10 days of lockdown (3 times we had a 3 day lockdown or so), wore masks for maybe 40 days all up a few times. We've just kept everyone out, especially other states. My state is currently off-limits to the ENTIRE rest of the country.

• Like 1

Our glorious leader is the great one 😁. But yeah truthfully it could have been handled with a bit more human decency allowing people to return with genuine reason such as visiting sick loved ones and remaining in home quarantine. Supposedly opening the borders in Feb. Currently at 87% fully vaccinated. It’s interesting. Ask people and they’re all like “yeaaah open up”. We will have more restrictions when we open up than we do now and have had for two years.  Modelling suggests 300 people will die, but no one asks the question of the open up crowd if they’re fine with their loved ones being one of the 300 that will die. Will be interesting times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Psiman said:

I hear it's so bad down there that a bottle of Grey Goose is $90 and a cigar is $40 and here Grey Goose is $20 and a cigar is $10

Most Aussies would also say…. Fear of getting randomly killed by a firearm - negligible. It’s all relative. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Duxnutz said:

Most Aussies would also say…. Fear of getting randomly killed by a firearm - negligible. It’s all relative. 

image.jpeg.b759d81ccd0e159d657341b8b3b54cf4.jpeg

13 hours ago, Psiman said:

I hear it's so bad down there that a bottle of Grey Goose is $90 and a cigar is $40 and here Grey Goose is $20 and a cigar is $10

you bloody wish!!! More like 60 bucks for a cigar 🥵

58 minutes ago, LordAnubis said:

you bloody wish!!! More like 60 bucks for a cigar 🥵

You can buy a half corona for just under 40 notes. A robusto is in the 80+ notes and a Monte 2 will be just under or over a 100 notes from any cigar divan .

At our local a Behike 52 is $450 ! No BS. You guys must love Rob 😎🌴

• Thanks 1